Stirling, Scotland – February 19, 2018 – SalesAgility, the creators and maintainers of SuiteCRM, are excited to announce a new major release of the world’s most popular open source CRM – SuiteCRM 7.10, including highly anticipated new features and many enhancements.
SuiteCRM is a fully featured, highly flexible, open source CRM, which can be installed on-premise or in the cloud, and allows companies and organisations to have full control over their own customer data. It delivers actionable insights into customers, boosts conversions, helps increase sales, bolsters customer care and streamlines business operations. The CRM is as powerful as Salesforce and Dynamics, but with the unique benefit of being completely open source.
What’s new in SuiteCRM 7.10?
SuiteCRM 7.10 includes a long list of enhancements, improving user experience, adding new functionality and providing a new REST API. This edition of SuiteCRM also assists companies to be ready for GDPR, including opt-in functionality to track the consent of individuals.
“The hard work of the SalesAgility team and all the contributions of the community have made this release really exciting”, said Dale Murray, CEO of SalesAgility. “The list of new features and enhancements show that SuiteCRM is on track to become the world’s most adopted CRM.”
Highlights of the new features and enhancements
- Refined SuiteP theme
- New Slimmed down SuiteP Design. A more compacted version of SuiteP providing more screen space for all your important information.
- 4 SuiteP colour schemes. Pick a range of different colour schemes to suit your workspace. Pick from the themes of Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night.
- New REST API
- Brand New fully compliant Rest API
A new Rest API (v8) using the popular JSONAPI specifications. The v8 API mirrors the prior API functionality so there will be no loss of functionality. It also introduces authentication using OAuth 2.0 and bringing the SuiteCRM API up to industry standards.
- Swagger documentation
The v8 API adopts the Swagger (OpenAPI v3.0) framework to provide detailed, but clear, documentation.
- Brand New fully compliant Rest API
- Survey Management
- Confirmed Opt-In
- A new feature that has been introduced to assist CRM users with the GDPR legislation. This feature, when activated, enables the CRM with the ability to provide its customers’ a double opt in process which campaigns will respect.
- The Web to Person form will automatically send the Confirm Opt-In email if this feature is activated.
- CRM users can manually update their customer opt in preferences via the module and record view with clear indication of the customers current opt in statuses.
- Other Enhancements
- 2 Factor Authentication
- An option available on a per user basis that introduces a 2 factor Authentication by email.
- Improved Alerts Functionality
- Improved Password Management
- Additional password restrictions, logging to identify login attempts and enforce password requirements.
- Fail2Ban Logging Integration
- New Suite of Unit Tests
- Improved Email Performance
- Email Fixes
Read the full release notes here: https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Release_notes_7.10.0
How to get SuiteCRM
SuiteCRM is an enterprise-ready CRM, and can be downloaded from suitecrm.com/download. Users can get free support from the online forum and access to the extensive documentation.
To upgrade from a previous version to SuiteCRM 7.10, please visit suitecrm.com/upgrade-suitecrm.
SalesAgility offers professional services for companies that need support, help with migrations or training, as well as SuiteASSURED, a total care package for SuiteCRM that includes extensive support, indemnities, warranties, and performance guarantees.
You can try SuiteCRM right now by requesting an online demo:
SuiteCRM is a fully featured CRM, that can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud, allowing organisations and enterprises to be in full control over their own customer data. With a community over 86,000 people, a download count of over 800,000 and an estimated user count of over 4 million users, SuiteCRM is world’s most popular open source CRM. For more information, visit https://suitecrm.com or follow @SuiteCRM on Twitter.
SalesAgility is the driving force behind SuiteCRM, the world’s most popular open source CRM. Powered by a highly skilled team, SalesAgility provides SuiteCRM services that include support, consultancy, custom development, migrations, and training, as well as SuiteASSURED: a fully supported, discrete build of SuiteCRM, created to provide total care for enterprise-class customers and other large organisations.
Shared on Google + – Great Timing with GDPR functionality. We upgraded this weekend from SugarCRM 6.1 – something like 11 upgrades… Fully tested and running in Amazon, five times faster than before. (.2 second responses)
One Gotcha – DO NOT Install English UK language pack. It simply is not usable at the moment. Stick with English (US), at least for now. We also look forward to the possibility to customise themes. Current ones are ok, we appreciate the concept is new.
BEST is that the table structure and field naming remained constant so that our Qlik reporting still works as well as it ever did. Even though we are Qlik experts, again we do not have time to re-do all the mapping. We use custom modules for Events and Projects. These also upgraded perfectly.
Great work and thanks to all. We did in two days that which might historically have taken two months. I look forward to never having to do this again 🙂