Create meeting : "Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details."

Hi everyone ! My yesterday’s joy didn’t last long, for I have a new issue : I can’t create meetings, for I got this message : Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.

Here is suitecrm.log : https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZcgdw7ZCMXlze00L6pI2QtLUTwz5z1bs7ly

Any hints ? I don’t understand the database issue, since I could import the database without any trouble (and I can access to its content).

Thank you for your time !

there’s a missing column, did you try to run a quick build and repair and execute what it says?

best regards

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

Yes, I did. Finally, after a few researches, I realised it was probably because of the differences between 7.9.4 and 7.11. I drop tables in order to clear the database, then I reinstalled SuiteCRM 7.11.

With a fresh new database, I did not have the issue, so assumed it did come from the old database. To confirm this, I imported the old database again and yes, it was the origin of the problem.

So, instead of importing the whole old database, I exported .csv from the different parts (accounts, contacts, meetings, etc…) and imported them in the new SuiteCRM from Import Wizard. Except a few issues with letters with accents (like é â etc.), it worked well. :slight_smile:

What do you mean “import the database”? Did you use a full database dump? If so, did you make sure the export and the import were for the exact same versions of SuiteCRM?

When you do a QR & R, and scroll down to the bottom, do you see a button to “sync database with vardefs”?

Yes, that’s what I did yesterday : exporting the whole database as a .sql file, then importing it. Everything was done through my host manager, which could have worked fine if, as you said, I had imported / exported a database to be used with the same version of SuiteCRM.

Indeed, I had this “database failure” because I used a database from SuiteCRM 7.9.4 with SuiteCRM 7.11. I should have expected this, but at first glance, I thought it was all good yesterday, since it had imported my data (contacts, accounts, meetings…) properly.

When I realised this could affect other modules in SuiteCRM, I decided it would be safer to do a fresh reinstall, with a new database (and, instead of using one large .sql file, exporting and importing every data separately as .csv files).

It’s usually a better strategy to just

• install the new server with the old version (7.9.4)
  • migrate the entire database, do a QR & R
  • now upgrade the new server to the latest version

This is not just faster but will likely result in much better database sanity. Moving CSV’s around you will find you are missing all or most of the record relationships.

Indeed, it might have worked also this way. I keep this in mind for the next upgrade, thank you !

Well, at least, I’m sure now that I have a proper installation of SuiteCRM 7.11.0
I did not have many contacts / accounts and stuff to import, so it did not take so long. The only critic I would have for the csv export / import is the fact it won’t take in charge foreigner accents (ô â é è, etc.), despite several attempts to change the encoding. Now I keep in mind I must write names and events without accents in it.

Properly used and configured, this won’t be a problem. SuiteCRM is more than able to deal with any language.

Remember this is also dependent on your Operating System settings, and especially Windows and Excel are known to be very pick yin the way they handle text file encodings. So you need to use an advanced text editor like Notepad++ and check your CSV text-file encoding and delimiters, and change them if necessary.