Upgrading from 7.9.4 to 7.11

So, Iā€™ve been advised to upgrade SuiteCRM, which Iā€™m trying to do (Windows 10 Pro 64 + PHP 7).

I follow this guide : https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/installation-guide/using-the-upgrade-wizard/
I used Wizard Upgrade from Admin options,

Step 1 :

File Permissions: 	All Files Writable

Database Privileges: 	All Privileges Available

Detected Settings: 	All System Settings Requirements Satisfied

Sounds good.

Step 2 :

These are the first warnings I have :

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_base has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 321

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_fault has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 1455

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_xmlschema has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 1744

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; soapval has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 2924

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; soap_transport_http has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 3227

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_server has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 4733

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; wsdl has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 6069

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_parser has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 8205

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_client has a deprecated constructor in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 9057

Warning: Declaration of ListViewPackages::setup($data, $file, $where, $params = Array, $offset = 0, $limit = -1, $filter_fields = Array, $id_field = 'id') should be compatible with ListViewDisplay::setup($seed, $file, $where, $params = Array, $offset = 0, $limit = -1, $filter_fields = Array, $id_field = 'id', $id = NULL) in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/ListViewPackages.php on line 42

I donā€™t know what they meanā€¦ Still, I try to load the SuiteCRM-7.11.zip Iā€™ve downloaded from the website.

Step 3 :
Depreacted errors are the same, but the warning message has changed :

Warning: Declaration of ListViewPackages::setup($data, $file, $where, $params = Array, $offset = 0, $limit = -1, $filter_fields = Array, $id_field = 'id') should be compatible with ListViewDisplay::setup($seed, $file, $where, $params = Array, $offset = 0, $limit = -1, $filter_fields = Array, $id_field = 'id', $id = NULL) in /home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/ListViewPackages.php on line 42
ZIP Error(0): Status(9): Arhive(upload://SuiteCRM-7.11.0.zip): Directory(/home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/cache/upgrades/temp/dMWaIV)

Everything stops hereā€¦ Any captain here to help a damsel in distress ? :slight_smile:

So, I have changed permissions (all story here : https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/21527-too-many-undefined-labels#76705 ), but if it fixed the ā€œundefinedā€ labels issue, it did not fix my upgrade issue.

Any hints ?

Deprecated and Warning messages appear because of the display errors setting in your php,ini

Try one of the following:

1. Edit php.ini (the location and the way you can modify it depends on you system)
    search for error_reporting and change it to:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_WARNING

or

1. Edit index.php (in the SuiteCRM main folder)
    Add the following line after the first line of code:

error_reporting(0);

or

1. Edit index.php (in the SuiteCRM main folder)
    Add the following line after the first line of code:

ini_set(ā€˜error_reportingā€™, E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_WARNING);

Thank you for your answer !

1. I could not find any php.ini

2. I tried, did a Quick Repair before using the upgrade Wizard, than it gave me this :

ZIP Error(0): Status(9): Arhive(upload://SuiteCRM-7.11.0.zip): Directory(/home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/cache/upgrades/temp/B1oUMC)

1. Idem :
    ZIP Error(0): Status(9): Arhive(upload://SuiteCRM-7.11.0.zip): Directory(/home/clients/575e5b9b21300238da884952b8217187/web/Suite_CRM/cache/upgrades/temp/945D2a)

I searched a little bit and found that topic : https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/18984-zip-error-0-status-9
So I unzipped and zipped again the folder, but it wonā€™t work either.
:frowning:

You should check your logs (both SuiteCRMā€™s and Web Server/PHP) to try to understand what is going wrong.

For now you can try the following:

a. Upgrade failure: try a manual upgrade.
Read instructions here:
http://cheleguanaco.blogspot.com/2011/11/sugarcrm-tips-wizard-less-uploads.html

b. php.ini

This is a ā€œsystemā€ file. You will not find it in your web folders,
Normally your hosting company should give you the possibility to change all or some of the values of your php.ini
If you have CPanel or Plesk as an interface to your web hosting parameters, in most cases php.ini will be modifiable from there under something that could be like ā€œchange php variablesā€ or ā€œedit php.iniā€ or something with a similar meaning.

Some hosting companies may allow you to keep a file called .user.ini (there is a dot as first letter) in which you may assign some php environment variables such as error_reporting, max_execution_time or other useful parameters.
Normally this file goes into the root folder of your web space.

Thanks again for your help and patience ! :cheer:

a- I followed the instructions.

If I get rid of changes I brought in edit.php, I have the same error messages described in the original post.
If I keep these changes in edit.php, I have a new error message :

I had a look in logs on my host, but messages are the same as the one Iā€™ve got in SuiteCRM.

b. Regarding php.ini : i could not find anything related to Php access, I will ask them (but at the moment, Iā€™m quite disappointed of the answers Iā€™ve got from the tech & support serviceā€¦)

There is indeed a .user.ini file in the web folder, but it contains only 2 lines :

Try adding:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_WARNING

You may also have to increase system resources. Eg:
max_execution_time = xx <-- try putting 3000
max_input_time = xx <-- 3000
max_input_vars = xx <ā€” 10000
memory_limit = xx <ā€” 500M
upload_max_filesize = xx <-- 256M

It would be helpful to know what does the php/web server log say about the error you got.

Are you sure that you have set permissions correctly?
(the message appearing after step 1 of the installation does not always represent the actual situation of the system)

Unfortunately, it did not fix the issue, I still have the 3 same errors :

• fatal error = if manifest.php + upgrade.zip are in upload > upgrade > patch + index.php + .user.ini are edited
  • zip error = if I delete manifest.php + upgrade.zip and index.php and .user.ini are edited
  • zip error = if I delete manifest.php + upgrade.zip and only .user.ini is edited
  • nusoap error = if I delete manifest.php + upgrade.zip and no file is edited

I attached the error logs Iā€™ve got :
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZuyPw7ZS5n4Ogql3gkfxAjldGdnTB936U07

Regarding permissions, I set them manually (as I could not do it with a command line).

I did set SuiteCRM in 755 (but it was back in xxx when I checked it a few minutes ago). Other folders (cache, custom, data, modules, themes and uploads) are in 775 (and so are their files) + config_override.php too.

Perhaps I should reinstall entirely SuiteCRM 711 (as a separated folder in web) and upload my database from 7.94 to 7.11.0 ?

Thanks for your help !

So, Iā€™ve finally installed SuiteCRM 7.11 from scratch. At the beginning, it was easy (ah-ha ! When you know how to set permissions through FileZilla, itā€™s much easier, isnā€™t it ?)

Still, I thought I would kill someone or smash my computer (or kill someone by smashing my computer on it) when I arrived at the database / user part (aka ā€œI-hate-my-life-and-computersā€), which I figured out after spending 2 hours reading various SuiteCRM / SugarCRM documentation, before realising the key was before my very own eyes, in config.php from the old SuiteCRM I had installed from Infomaniak (Noob tip : look at ā€œdbconfigā€ and all ā€œdb_ā€ values underneath). This way, I could create a new database and import the one from my old SuiteCRM and force the new install to use this database. Hurray, it worked !

But, I had again the ā€œundefinedā€ labels I described in this topic : https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/21527-too-many-undefined-labels#76707 (despite the fact I had given proper permissions). Fortunately, this time ā€œchperms.phpā€ fixed that.

Long story short : this is a good day, for everything is working fine and now Iā€™m joyful.
I can eventually die peacefully without regrets.

Thank you guys for your patience !