Too many "undefined" labels

Hello, Iā€™m very new with SuiteCRM. Until now, I was using it just as a contact list, but now I would like to use it to quote and bill customers and Iā€™m facing some issues.

What version of SuiteCRM am I using ?

What OS ?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

What are you trying to do ?

Iā€™m trying to make a quote for a customer. I have created a quote PDF template and I added products. However, when I want to add products in quotes, Iā€™m having this result :
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZqpbw7Z7QlWcJUvd6V1urdJBqVggjgtYhyX

There are so many undefined labels, I have no idea what I have to do ! How can I fix this ?

Thank you very much,
Elodie

Normally these undefineds are caused by a lack of permissions of your web server to read/write the necessary files on disk. But this is more common in Linux than in Windowsā€¦ your logs might give you more clues.

Also, you are running a very old version, you really should upgradeā€¦

Thank you for your answer. Actually, installing SuiteCRM on my FTP was quite complicated (and the getting started guide was really not helpful). Finally, I realised my host (infomaniak) would let me install SuiteCrm from their web manager.
Until now, it did work well (Iā€™ve been using SuiteCRM for a month, mainly for contatcs + calendar), my host doesnā€™t propose more recent versions (I donā€™t know why).

I saw today there is a 7,11 version of SuiteCRM, but t it cannot be downloaded yet from the website. Perhaps I must take it from GitHub ?

Basically, I feel SuiteCRM has a good base and high potential, but if youā€™re not a developer, you canā€™t really use properlyā€¦

Nevermind, Iā€™m downloading version 7.11 :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it sounds I cannot upgrade my version :frowning: : https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/21536-upgrading-from-7-9-4-to-7-11

According to my host, I do have all the authorizations, so I should not have any troubles with the localization. I have too many ā€œundefinedā€ labels in the whole interface and Iā€™m wondering if there is any solution to force the localization to be updated ?

This question refers to the OS of the server / computer where SuiteCRM is installed. Not your computer from which you are accessing it.

If SuiteCRM is installed on a Linux machine and your host doesnā€™t let you change permissions, you can try to do it programmatically. To do so you may try this:
https://github.com/amariussi/chperms

Thanks for your answer !

Oops, noob spotted :silly:

So, I downloaded chperms.php and followed the instructions :

Ok done

[quote]Usage: Open a browser tab or window. Type the url to your SuiteCRM/SugarCRM root folder followed by /chperms.php then hit enter as in the following example:

http://www.yoursite.com/yourcrm/chperms.php[/quote]
Ok done

How do I know it is over ? :huh:

Ok done (several times)

I tried both, but I saw no differences

Conclusion : neither it fixed the ā€œundefinedā€ labels, nor it let me upgrade SuiteCRM. :frowning:

I contacted my host (infomaniak) to know if there is something they can do on their side.

When you run chperms in verbose mode you will see a list of all the files appearing on screen. This will take much longer that in silent mode because there are thousands of files in SuiteCRM.

Silent mode outputs nothing on screen because it may also be used as a background process.

To make sure that it ha finished running, depending on the browser you are using, look at the tab of your browser: there is either a revolving circle (Chrome), two dots moving left-to.right and viceversa (Firefox) or dots spinning in a circle (Edge): when the script has finished they will stop and the (fav)icon will reappear.
You may also look at the button to stop execution: when executing itā€™s normally like a big X; when finished it is like a semicircular arrow.

chperms only changes file permissions but it doesnā€™t touch the ownership of the files.

Alternatively to using chperms to set file permissions and ownership correctly you may follow the instructions provided in the SuiteCRM installation guide (https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/installation-guide/downloading-installing/). Regarding permissions you should follow precisely the instructions of the paragraph (ā€œCopying SuiteCRM files to web serverā€).

You may also search the Forum for instructions provided by @pgr on permissions and scheduler ownership.

Thanks again for your patience and your explanations.

Thatā€™s the problem : whatever verbose is true or false, I see no difference.

[quote]Silent mode outputs nothing on screen because it may also be used as a background process.

To make sure that it ha finished running, depending on the browser you are using, look at the tab of your browser: there is either a revolving circle (Chrome), two dots moving left-to.right and viceversa (Firefox) or dots spinning in a circle (Edge): when the script has finished they will stop and the (fav)icon will reappear.
You may also look at the button to stop execution: when executing itā€™s normally like a big X; when finished it is like a semicircular arrow.
[/quote]

Thatā€™s the second problem : when I use my browser (Firefox) to launch the script, it gives an instant result. No charging, no loadingā€¦
And I did exactly what is explained in Github ^^ā€™

Actually, when I heard of SuiteCRM, this is the very first thing I tried : install it by myself.
But (sorry again for my newbie ass), I was blocked at step 4, because I had no idea how to provide permissions. I mean, I understood I had to set permissions through a few command lines, but Iā€™m not offered such a possibility on my host (or, I donā€™t know where it should be doneā€¦).

I was about to give up when I realised Infomaniak would install it for me (yay !), which was nice until last Friday (when I realised it was an outdated & bugged version whose I couldnā€™t access the database either)ā€¦ :frowning:

Oh, Iā€™ve finally found a way to access SuiteCRM database. I donā€™t know if itā€™s helpful.

(Arg, I canā€™t Edit my postsā€¦ sorry for the flood !)

Holly molly, Iā€™ve just realised I could set permissions through FileZilla directlyā€¦ :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh dear, it worked ! After changing permissions in FileZilla (right click on folders > File attributes > set 755 or 775 accordingly and recursively), I can finally read labels instead of having ā€œundefinedā€ labels everywhere :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well done! :wink:

I am having the same issue.
SuiteCRM version: 7.11.3 Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)
PHP version: 7.3.3-1ā€¦
My host is GCP, so I have SSH access.
I have run the chown and the chmod commands as listed in the install instructions multiple times.
I have run the quick repair multiple times.
I have rebuilt the .htaccess file

I noticed the undefined labels after playing with module builder.

What else should I check?

Some more information.
The undefined labels show up

• within Studio
  • Invoices for Add Group
  • Quotes for Add Group
  • canceling the create of anything, the confirmation dialog has undefined for the text, the buttons have Ok and Cancel.

Through out the rest of the application the labels have appropriate values.
I cannot believe this is a permissions issue.

Youā€™re probably using the wrong username in the chown command.

It needs to match the username that your web server is using. You can find that out by going in Admin / Scehdulers and looking at the instructions at the bottom.

It tells you to edit the crontab of your web serverā€™s user, and it shows that actual, specific user name in your system. Use that for your chown command.

Thank you for the reply.
The schedule page shows the same user that I am using, www-data.

Please take a look at the new topic I wrote that more details.
https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/advanced-opensales-workflow-portal-support/22347-portions-of-the-aos-xxx-modules-show-undefined-labels