7.9.8 Undefined

I am having issues with ‘undefined’.

Community member /u/mattds91 (https://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/15603-7-9-4-multiple-issues#52755) has very similar issues.

[table]
[tr]
[td]Bluehost</td]
[td]Shared Server</td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Apache Version</td]
[td]2.4.29</td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]PHP Version</td]
[td]7.0.27</td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]MySQL Version</td]
[td]5.6.32-78.1</td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Architecture</td]
[td]x86_64</td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Operating System</td]
[td]linux</td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]SuiteCRM</td]
[td]7.9.8</td]
[/tr]
[/table]

What are the proper permissions?

Set:
SuiteCRM @ 755
subdirectories @ 755
files @ 644
cache, custom, modules, themes, data, upload @ 775 recursive
config_override.php @ 775

Any other details or thoughts?

Thank you all in advance.

I am with Bluehost as well, it can be a bit tricky! What I have found for me is to set the permissions as follows

755 ALL files then

775 for directory, folders and all files inside these - cache, custom, data, modules, upload and config_override.php

Also set 775 for the themes folder only, not the folders and files inside the theme folder

This might be why you are seeing problems.

I will give a try and report back.

Thank you for responding.

No Problem! One other thing I have noticed is as you go into new screens, modules, etc… the page is cached. I have to periodically run the permissions again on everything to make sure I don’t get any “undefined” errors. It’s a pain, but necessary for SuiteCRM to function correctly. Anytime you run quick repair and rebuild, you need to run the permissions again and even clear your browser cache to make sure everything is running properly. Thanks!

1 Like

That worked.

Thank you for the ‘heads-up’ on re-running permissions when pages get cached and edited.

Again, thank you.

Awesome! You are welcome

/u/lrosenvall, Have you been able to set up a cron job for suitecrm (for geocoding and scheduler)?

I am getting:

/home2/REDACTED_DATA/public_html/SuiteCRM/cron.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/home2/REDACTED_DATA/public_html/SuiteCRM/cron.php: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token 'sugarEntry'' /home2/**REDACTED_DATA**/public_html/SuiteCRM/cron.php: line 2: if(!defined(‘sugarEntry’))define(‘sugarEntry’, true);’

Any ideas?

cron.php @ 755

This is how I have the cron job setup in cpanel:

cd /home2/REDACTED_DATA/public_html/REDACTED_DATA; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Is yours setup the same?

Yes, it is.

However, when I remove the route to the black hole( > /dev/null 2>&1), no confirmation is sent to email.

How can you verify that the command has ran?

Thank you.

Just look in each of the schedulers, they will show a log of events if your cron job is running correctly. Thanks!

1 Like

Just a quick update:
As of 13 April 2018, the cron command needed to run SuiteCRM scheduler on Bluehost:

/usr/local/bin/ea-php70 -f /home2/Server_Name/public_html/SCRM_Directory/cron.php

PHP 7.0 being used (as noted by ea-php70)

1 Like