from 7.1.4 to 7.2beta- top menu is white?

hello
performed upgrade on test instance (of course)
now my top menu is white, if I hoover the menu I see it normal …
is this a wanted feature (for beta?) or not
how to see normal menu?

Hi bmwtourer,

Please attach some screen shots.

You can change the colour of the theme in Admin -> Theme Settings.

Thanks,

Will.

i just tried to change color adding 000001 “value” (increasing by 1) and event if it shows black, the menu turns out white…
see picture…

… and my live 7.1.4 version is ok (normal).
this instance was a fresh copy of live production…

Did your settings save? Did you run a Quick Repair & Rebuild after upgrading? Did you set the correct permissions after upgrading?

Thanks,

Will.

yes, I did all
the only issue is that while upgrading it looks like it did not complete correctly, it ended with a white screen with something shown (no error message or any insightful indication).

I will retry this morning and tune my IIS like I did with migration from sugar6.4.5 to suite7.1.4 (took me a few tries to figure out those parameters)
I will keep you updated on my second try.

BTW is there any guidance/instructions how to build the reports, I can not figure out how to build a real usefull report…

Serge

Hi Serge,

Sounds like the upgrade failed. You should check the upgradeWizard.log/sugarcrm.log for errors. You can see how to set windows permissions here.
Thanks,

Will.

I have the same problem, menu is white

I had the same problem here. Upgrade proceeded without errors.
In Safari the top menu was white (but accessible), but in Chrome everything looked OK.
Today everything looks fine in both Safari and Chrome. I think this was some form of cache/cookie issue.
Both browsers are on a Mac.

I just wanted to add that I have the same issue after upgrading 7.1.4 to 7.2beta2.

The navigation bar background color is white, as if the CSS is not being applied. Also related, the login screen appears to suffer the same issue with CSS not being applied.

Here’s where it gets strange, and where I left it:

I was accessing the server via DNS (crmdev.example.com). If I access via IP (192.168.1.x) the issues go away. I created an alias (CNAME) on my local DNS server (crmtest.example.com) and the issues go away.

I have done a repair and rebuild (actually I hit every link under repair as this is just a test server with snapshots) with no change.

I duplicated the behavior on multiple machines (some of which had never seen my SuiteCRM install) and multiple browsers: Win7, Win8.1, Win2003, Ubuntu 14, IE 9-11, Firefox, and Chrome.

The upgrade completed without errors. The services have been restarted, server rebooted (running on Ubuntu 14 LTS, Bitnami VM), browser cache cleared, desktops rebooted, etc, etc.

I have not found a solution and simply have moved on, now accessing my server with a different DNS name.

Thanks,
Chris

I had a very similar problem but only with the far right navigation options under the user name and admin, and the search bar.

See image here on Suite 7 theme.

But looks ok on Suite C theme.