Hide Leads/Accounts...

Hi All

Running a tiny company so using free SuiteCRM with no paid for modules.

One of the manufacturers we work with has started giving us leads. I’d like to add these leads to SuiteCRM and set them to a Group.

I will then give our rep his own login and make him a member of this Group.

He should then be able to see these leads and monitor how they progress but no other leads from within our SuiteCRM.

I’ve tested this but his login lets him see all the leads although he can’t go in and view the information due to the Role settings for his Group. I’ve watched information videos that seem to suggest that he should only be able to see leads within his Group but that’s not the case.

Not sure if I’m missing a step. I read about Custom Group Layouts that seem to be necessary in order to hide certain information from certain Groups. This is a very expensive add-on feature that we can’t afford to buy.

I would really appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks

Nick

Ah, I logged out as the rep and logged back in. The records he doesn’t have access to are now gone. Spent ages trying to work out what was wrong and it was basically a good old reboot!

Some posts I’ve read say that the paid for version of Security Suite is already in SuiteCRM. Can someone please clarify that because I’m under the impression that it expands Security Suite. If that’s the case I think it they should call it “Security Suited Expansion Pack”.