Select Button not Working in Pop Up View

Hi,

Has anyone had an issue where the select button does not work in the pop up view? I did an install from softaculous from my C-Panel.
Version 7.10.17
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

I have not done any customisations or changed any code.

Is there a fix to this?

1 Like

In which module, which view?

Please try it on their live demo, does the same thing happen?

https://www.softaculous.com/demos/SuiteCRM

Hi,

Yes it does

Hi,

Sorry, it is in the accounts module, when selecting contacts in subpanel. Looks to be all modules

Works for me on 7.11.5, I wonder if this is a problem in 7.10.x only…

Do you see any errors in your logs at the time of the failure?

And in your browser’s Developer Console, any Javascript errors?

I get the below error in the browser javascript console

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘passthru_data’ of undefined
at send_back_selected (popup_helper.js?v=K75RtoC1QGjoBNPwjlrtAQ:56)
at HTMLInputElement.onclick (index.php?module=Contacts&action=Popup&hide_clear_button=true&mode=MultiSelect&create=true&metadata=undefined:896)

send_back_selected @ popup_helper.js?v=K7…C1QGjoBNPwjlrtAQ:56
onclick @ index.php?module=Con…adata=undefined:89

Can you get more information about that 404 error? That is “resource not found on the server”. Does it tell you which resource the server coulnd’t find?

I am getting this error, minus the 404 error of a file/resource not found. on two seperate SuiteCRM instances at 7.11.5.

It happens across browsers, in incognito/private browsing.

Regards

Mark

Okay a recent update borked this it seems. Looking at the button code

<input class="button" type="button" id="MassUpdate_select_button" value="Select" onclick="send_back_selected('Contacts',document.MassUpdate,'mass[]','Please make a selection before proceeding.');" kl_vkbd_parsed="true">

Looking at the code in popup_helper.js:

send_back_selected has a 5th parameter and there are lots of calls to this that do NOT include this 5ht parameter. until recently there was code in the function that fixed a missing 5th parameter however this has been removed. Also recently updated (based on the issues log) has been a fix for using the overrides to Popup.php within modules (ie so it doesnt use the default Popup.php as it did previously where there is a correct 5th parameter).

So what is the fix for this?

I’m not sure it’s the same thing, but I would start by applying this fix

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/7413/files

and rebuilding all Javascript items (admin/repairs), and full refreshing browser.

If that is too technical for you, just wait for the next release in a couple of weeks, and upgrade.

If you do try it, please tell me how it goes. Thanks