adding voice to "Document" module

Hi everyone. this is my first topic. I started studying suitecrm a few hours ago and I already ran into the first problem:
in the “documents” module I need to see in the panel also the date of visualization of the uploaded file.
I created the “Viewed” item but now I don’t know how to connect the moment when I click on the file and, automatically, the program tells me the display date.
Any help?
thank you

Hi, welcome.

What is your SuiteCRM version?

Are you a PHP developer?

1 Like

Hi.
the version of suitecrm is Versione 7.11.4

php I know little about. let’s say I’m studying it. if you don’t need too many changes even if you can do it …

It’s a bit complex, because the Documents table doesn’t record views. The “tracker” table does, but it tracks the entry into the Document’s Detail view, not the fact that you opened the actual document.

So you need to figure out if this is enough, or if you need to change the view and add some custom code, in order to record the data you need.

Once you have it recorded, it should be simpler to add it to the list view…

These are just general guidelines, I don’t know exactly how to do this…

1 Like

Then. I know I should enter a custom code. I should keep track of “when” the file was opened and “print it” in that “Document” column.
Is php editing complicated or do you think a few lines of code will suffice?

it’s not going to be many lines of code, the hard part is figuring out where to do it, and how. I don’t think this is a good way to start as a newbie customizing SuiteCRM - there are easier things to learn first, I would say…

1 Like

ok.
thanks anyway

The documents are downloaded when you click on the View (eye) icon, if its image file, it will be displayed in the Browser.
If you want to track the Downloads (Click view button) then you would need to modify the “download” entryPoint. its code is written in the download.php file on the root of CRM. you should override the entryPoint and point towards your new custom file with your code.

1 Like