Products in Cases = Invoice

Hello,

We have been using SuiteCRM as a Case Management system for a small legal concern. As we are growing we are trying to get the software to move with us. I was wondering if it is possible to add a product to a case. i.e. 10 Minute Phone Call =£10 or Letter= £15 etc. Then I could get the workflow to auto invoice on case closure OR, even something like just giving a running total so the invoice can be done by hand?

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

You can go in Studio / Cases / Relationships and add a many-to-many relationship with Products module. This will automatically generate a new Products subpanel in each Case’s detail view.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I had been able to get that setup already. I think what I am missing is how to turn the listed products for a case into an invoice, or at least have a running total, I assume I can get the products field to display the Price by changing the layout options?

You can try several approaches, but I feel like you’re stretching the modules in a way in which they weren’t intended. It’s probably easier to use what is already there: quotes and invoices to list items (before and after sale, respectively).

You can center everything around the contact, and then it has a list of Cases (your human interaction with him) and invoices (for stuff he has to pay for).

I am grateful you seem to understand my intent from the start. Thank you for your time.
I have it so the Contact is the client, who then has a Case, and I wanted to note on that case when people are making a 10 minute call for eg. or sending a letting. And that it can either tote it up, or just have the list which can be used to create the invoice.
I will edit some fields so the Price can be seen on the product subpanel in cases and then people can raise an invoice from that.

:slight_smile: