Flex relate

Re Custom Fields.

I should like to include Meetings and Calls in the Flex Relate options. I see Tasks is already listed. There doesn’t seem to be the ability to amend a drop down menu.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. Can you tell us your SuiteCRM version and where you are in the app?

In Studio? Which module, which view?

Thanks for looking at this.

Version 7.11.3
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

I am in Quotes Module but the same appears to apply in other Modules, e.g. Projects.

It is the main view.

I’d attach a screenshot but it doesn’t appear possible.

Thanks

To give a bit more colour, I’d like to create a field in a number of Modules, like Opportunities, Projects etc., to tell me what to do next, be it a Task, Meeting or Call.

I thought that the Flex Relate field might work but it only seems to do for Tasks.

It seems natural to be able to add Meetings and Calls to this field.

Thanks

Charles

I’m not sure (and don’t have time to check now, sorry) but you might need to create the relationships first, so they are available to the flex relate field.

However, I think this will tend to get very messy and SuiteCRM already has a provision for what you’re trying to do - the Activities subpanel in each Detail view. It doesn’t appear in Quotes (which is just meant to be a document in one interaction with a customer) but it does appear in Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities (which is the whole interaction with a customer leading up to a sale).

If you use this subpanel, you can make it work better for you, sort by due date, or emphasize pending actions with color. But the whole mechanism is there already and you should try to use it as it is, since you will get a lot of functionality already done for you.

Many thanks for your answer.

I understand the point about being available in sub-panels but I’d just like a single action to go into a scheduled report.

I have now guessed that “Quotes” is a stand-alone “document” Module. We use it as the interaction for the period between sending a quote and receiving a signed mandate (sale). The interactions in this stage of the sales cycle are different from those in the Opportunities Module.

It seems I have one or two options:

A. Customize Quotes so that it works in an interactive way; or

B. Clone the Opportunities Module and rename (then simple customising).

Do you think any of these might work?

Are you aware of a description anywhere on the differences and limitations of the different Modules? It’s such a pity that good functionality on one Module is not available in another.

Many thanks,

Charles

There is some Documentation, though perhaps not much. https://docs.suitecrm.com/user/

I always just explore the modules in the app and try entering demo data until things start making sense to me. Sometimes looking at the relationships in Sutdio also gives clues.

Only you can know what works for you, but I would avoid forcing modules to do what they’re not prepared to do and avoid duplicating modules - unless you are willing to go into PHP code changes, then you’re free to do a lot more customization.

Consider using just one Opportunities module and using a simple “Stage” field to differentiate. You can also filter lists and subpanels to create an illiusion of a double opps module, with just one.