SMTP ERROR 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name 7.11

After updating suitecrm version 7.11.0 I wanted to ge google calendar working. I couldn’t authenticate it because I did not have it associated with a domain name. So I used a domain name I had kicking around. I updated the config files, everything seemed to work fine. I realised today that the email functionality completely stopped working. The error I am getting is below.

Is there somewhere I need to configure PHP mailer to the IP address. It appears that the inbox is syncing fine, just not the outgoing smtp.

: Connection: opening to smtp.office365.com:587, timeout=300, options=array()
3: Connection: opened
2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 BN6PR0101CA0033.outlook.office365.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 4 Feb 2019 20:49:37 +0000

1: CLIENT -> SERVER: EHLO http://www.rateyourrent.org
2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name [BN6PR0101CA0033.prod.exchangelabs.com]

1: SMTP ERROR: EHLO command failed: 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name [BN6PR0101CA0033.prod.exchangelabs.com]

1: CLIENT -> SERVER: HELO http://www.rateyourrent.org
2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name [BN6PR0101CA0033.prod.exchangelabs.com]

1: SMTP ERROR: HELO command failed: 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name [BN6PR0101CA0033.prod.exchangelabs.com]

1: CLIENT -> SERVER: STARTTLS
2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 503 5.5.2 Send hello first [BN6PR0101CA0033.prod.exchangelabs.com]

1: SMTP ERROR: STARTTLS command failed: 503 5.5.2 Send hello first [BN6PR0101CA0033.prod.exchangelabs.com]

3: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

1: CLIENT -> SERVER: QUIT
2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 221 2.0.0 Service closing transmission channel
3: Connection: closed
3: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Hi,
Some hosting providers don’t allow outbound emails from there hosting. May be this would be the issue. Have you setup the CRM at your own end or within any hosting company server??

Thanks

I setup SuiteCRM on a home server running the latest version of ubuntu. I associated it with a domain name that I got from godaddy. I did this because google calendar sync would not authenticate based on a direct IP address. The inbox email works fine, but when I try to send an SMTP outgoing email I get this error.

I tried changing it back to the direct public IP address, but that did not work.

Have you installed all the dependencies , all the environment for SuiteCRM, i think there would be something missing

It was working fine before upgrading. Was there any additional dependencies that I am missing? The only other thing I changed was the domain name fromt he direct ip to my registered domain name, unless I did that wrong I am at a loss.

I figured it out. The PHP mailer was pointing to my hostname, when I needed it to point to the server address. I changed the sugarPHPmailer.php file

$this->Hostname = $sugar_config[‘My Server IP Address**’];