Need help changing servers

I started using SuiteCRM on my laptop using AMPPS. I am ready to move it to my web host so other people can use it and I am having trouble. I am not well-versed in php/apache/sql, etc. so please go easy on me.

I dumped my sql database and reloaded it on the server. That seemed to go well.

Then I copied my entire \www\suitecrm folder into the www folder on my web host. That also seemed to go well.

Next, I updated my config.php file and that could be were I am missing something.

I updated the following section wherever you see an ‘xxx’:

'dbconfig' => 
  array (
    'db_host_name' => 'localhost',
    'db_host_instance' => 'SQLEXPRESS',
    'db_user_name' => 'xxx',
    'db_password' => 'xxx',
    'db_name' => 'xxx',
    'db_type' => 'mysql',
    'db_port' => '',
    'db_manager' => 'MysqliManager',
  ),

I feel pretty good that the info I entered for the xxx’s is correct. I’m guessing the other items may be incorrect, but I don’t know what to set them to? Any other portions of the config file that I should modify?

Lastly, I used cPanel file manager to check the permissions on the suitecrm folder and some of the files inside of it. Everything showed read/write/execute for User and read/write for Group and World.

when I try to load suitecrm I receive the following warnings:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/ewtwonet/public_html/suitecrm/config.php:1) in /home1/ewtwonet/public_html/suitecrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php on line 623

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/ewtwonet/public_html/suitecrm/config.php:1) in /home1/ewtwonet/public_html/suitecrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php on line 623

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/ewtwonet/public_html/suitecrm/config.php:1) in /home1/ewtwonet/public_html/suitecrm/include/utils.php on line 3004

PHP version on the AMPPS install was 7.1.8. On my webhost it is 5.6.30. Is there anything I need to change due to that difference?

Since this is a shared host, I can’t edit the main php.ini. I created a new php.ini in my root folder that only contains one line:

error_reporting=E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

What else can I try?

You can check your Suitecrm version compatibility here:

https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/compatibility-matrix/

I am running SuiteCRM 7.10.11 so PHP 5.6 is supported. Can PHP versions be switched without consequence or does a configuration file somewhere need to reflect the change?

Did you configured you URL on the config file?:

‘site_url’ => ‘http://example.com/suitecrm’,

Thanks. I had not. I have now made that change, but I still get the same warnings.

After doing some reading, I learned that I needed to add the following to my main .htaccess file so that the php.ini I created would be used globally:

<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/username
<Files php.ini>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
</IfModule>

(where username has been changed)

Unfortunately, this did not seem to fix my problem

What about db_host_instance, db_port, and db_manager. Do I need to change those values?

FYI – I never figured this out, BUT my web host has an easy install button for SugarCRM. I was able to install it upgrade to SuiteCRM. The upgrade process was a nightmare too – it took about six fresh starts before I finally got everything to upgrade all the way to 7.11. But, all’s well that ends well! Now on to recreating my data and tweaks…

PHP version on the AMPPS install was 7.1.8. On my webhost it is 5.6.30. Is there anything I need to change due to that difference?

Update your PHP version on the webhost
that should fix the issue if not check the log file on the webhost
:sunglasses: