Notifications

Hello Forum,

I have a question about notificatiosn in SuiteCRM. Iam using the version 7.10.10 on a virtuel machine. My problem is that i want to use the notifications per email or on the browser. It works really goob when I assign a task or a call to my employees or if my employees assign someting to me. But if I assign something to myselfe its not working with a notification neither on my email acc or my browser. So it wouldnt be a big deal but if the task is running out its not going to send me a message or any kind of notification. I did set up everything so SuiteCRM can acces my email acc and ive set up everything around the notifications (1h before my task end). I didnt found anything on google too so this forum is my last hope.

Im looking forward to any awnser

Max

Hi, welcome.

These might be two separate things…

I believe that the suppression of assignment messages when a user assigns to himself is a deliberate thing. People don’t need to be notified for things they just did. So I think there is something in the code before it sends the assignment email checking for that condition.

But this should have nothing to do with other notifications (reminders, invites), I think these should go out normally when they are triggered by the event that caused them (not that they will run from the scheduler jobs as “system” user, not from any specific user).

This brings me to my crucial question: did you set up your Scheduler jobs at all? Are they running fine?

If you go in Admin / Schedulers, and click on the job “Run Email Reminder Notifications”, does it show a “Last ran successfully” time that is recent, and in the correct timezone?

Hi pgr,

I checked and my “Run Email Reminder Notifications” was suscessfull. I was testing it today again with my employees and if i assign something to them its working fine with the notifications but if do it to myselfe and say the call needs to be done till today 9am (what is for me in 10min) and iam pretending i forgot about that call its not reminding me at all. For others at least they get the notification that they get something assigned to them (i didnt checked yet what happens if the contract runs out for example in 30min)
Thx for your help tho :slight_smile:

Max

Also check your user profile, under “Advanced” tab, there is an option “Notify on assignment”, maybe you turned that off.

No its activated but its still not working :frowning:

Have you checked both your logs for any errors?

I tried it again to assign a task to someone (that task runs out in 2h). There is no error or anything in the Frontend log (Admin --> system settings–> show log).
Our current problem is that we are using a Virtual Machine where we have no accses to data like in a windows explorer. We can only use the Virtuel machine (that is using Debian) to get accses to some data. The biggest problem is that we have no idea about Debian in gerneral but at least we managed to install the Nano editor to change the time zone from America / Los Angeles to Europe/Berlin. So what i wanted to say about this the web page you send me is not ussefull for me because i cant enter data like that ( just double click on it and its done)
Maybe with that information you can help me a bit better and thanks again for your time :slight_smile:

If you’re running on Debian, you should have access to someone who could help you with basic tasks like finding logs and checking them. A Linux sysadmin could also set up ways for you to access files from Windows (using Samba or SSH) in Explorer-like fashion.

This sysadmin work ends up being necessary in a regular basis…