Never Redeploy a Package in a Production Environment?

I’m reading documentation at it says that you should never redeploy a package, but what if we modify/add additional Logic Hooks as time goes by?

We need to click “deploy” after these modifications, but it says we shouldn’t…

Does it mean we need to publish the package, perform changes in the zip then re-install the zip?

Just trying to get a sense of the work flow.

The deploy should not be done always, Even the re-install the zip should also not be done often, Assume after installing the zip, you have made customization and reinstalling the zip would replace it. You should use the studio to create fields, relationships, and change layouts.

Best practice is to first define the need for the modules and its relationship, then from module builder create all the fields/layouts/relationships and get an installable zip, Install it and then for any other changes use the studio.

Thank you

Lets say I created the module and performed all the customizations in studio. Will these customizations stay in place if I publish a .zip of that package?

I’m trying to see if I can use that as a work around in order to not lose my changes.

Once you install the zip and do customization from Studio. It will not reflect in the zip.