Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is the recommended setup for SuiteCRM when accessed in public?

What is the recommended setup for SuiteCRM when accessed in public? 1 week 1 day ago #69090

• robmjr
Hi,

The version of our SuiteCRM is 7.9.5. It was installed and accessed only within our company network. Our internal client want it to be accessed also in public. My question is - What is the recommended setup for SuiteCRM in terms of securing the customer information stored in the database?

Regards,
-robmjr
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is the recommended setup for SuiteCRM when accessed in public? 1 week 19 hours ago #69107

• pgr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1048
I'd say there aren't many security advices specific to SuiteCRM. What you need to do are the generic steps to ensure a web server running PHP is secure on the Internet.

One thing that really helps security is upgrading PHP to 7.x and SuiteCRM to the latest.

Then if you set your file permissions correctly when installing SuiteCRM, you should be ok. Just make sure you didn't use any wide-open permissions like 777 (assuming this is Linux).

Use HTTPS. Buy a certificate or get one free from Let's Encrypt or similar services.

What is the recommended setup for SuiteCRM when accessed in public? 5 days 21 hours ago #69214

• l.horstink
  • Administrator
  • Head of Marketing
  • Thank you received: 8
Just a FYI: this is the website for Let's Encrypt :) letsencrypt.org/
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds