set "log call" as default activity

hello

my organization rarely sees customers in person, we mostly call / email them 99%

I’m looking for the option or the code to set “create call” as defaul for calendar new insert and activities create task

is this possible?

thanks!

Q

From a quick search, I’d say you can try here to see if it works:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/00260c72a12f79e280ea1beb4241d03c9d39681d/jssource/src_files/modules/Calendar/Cal.js#L111-L112

Just swap those two “true” and “false”.

Remember to Admin / Repair / Rebuild JS and if in doubt, check in your browser’s debugger that “modules/calendar/Cal.js” includes your changes.

If it works try to make those changes in the custom directory and see if they get picked up.

2 Likes

BTW, you might be interested in a bit of code I have to create a bunch of Calls automatically from a Target List. That way you can select a group of people to target and then create all the calls automatically. It’s great for phone campaigns.

Tell if you’re interested. But be warned it’s not a pretty module, it’s a dirty PHP hack, you have to have some development skills to use it.

1 Like

thanks!

so far I will need to test just the default log call

Q

I would be interested in learning more.

What I am trying to accomplish is to leverage contacts vs targets and log a call as complete and change a custom field that I have added to the call. This action will allow the WF to trigger next steps. What Is kind of wonky for my team is 1. setting up call then only using edit to complete vs. complete with another window for recording notes and custom elements 2. This would reduce the number of steps they have to remember 3. making errors less likely.

Not a coder but fairly adept and interested.

@tseward the only solution I have is in PHP, I can pass it along but it’s not much finished, and it’s probably not much use to you if you can’t code. It’s just a simple loop to create Calls to every member of a Target List.

But your requirements are not very complicated, maybe you could consider hiring some help, maybe these things can be achieved fast by a person with experience working with SuiteCRM.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=suitecrm

Great - this works nicely indeed for the calendar ‘create’.

How do you think we could achieve the same change to the default for the Activities subpanel (within Leads, actually, but maybe it’s a universal subpanel?