SuiteCRM Upgrade to 17.11.3 Fails

I tried to upgrade from 17.10.11 to 17.11.3 which failed.

My system configuration:
Lenovo T510 Laptop
Dual Book Windows 7 Pro and Linux Mint 17.3
Bitnami Stack install of SuiteCRM on Linux Mint
Apache2 5.0.11
PHP 5.5.30
mySQL 5.6.27
phpMyAdmin 4.4.13.1
SuiteCRM 7.10.11

In 2016, I modified the php.ini before starting to use the Upgrade Wizard:
max_execution_time = 6000
max_input_time = 3000
memory_limit = 256M
post_max_size = 60M
upload_max_filesize = 60M
opcache.enable=0

I have successfully used the Upgrade Wizard to migrate from 7.3.2 to 7.10.11 in various steps.

In December 2018, I added a Custom Module to SuiteCRM using Studio (7.10.11).
A many-to-many relationship between Contacts and a new ContactGroup module. The module appears to be working as I want.

On April 3rd, 2019 I tried to upgrade from 7.10.11 to 7.11.3 using the download zip file.

I backed up my Bitnami Stack before trying to install the update.
I also had to use that backup to restore a working image after the failure.

The screen shots from the upgrade steps are in the attached pdf file.

Page 1 shows the Initial wizard upgrade screen with the instruction to run “composer update” after the update is complete.

Page 2 shows the System Check results with a note that PHP is v5.5.30 and it is recommended to be v7.0.0 or higher.

Page 4 shows a list of files that also exist in the custom/ folders. Please review the changes before continuing.
I am not sure what I should do with this list.

A sample entry:
modules/Tasks/language/en_us.lang.php => custom.modules/Tasks/language/en_us.lang.php

Page 6 shows that all Preflight Checks passed.

Page 7 shows the Commit Upgrade copied successfully.

Page 8 shows the resulting screen after the upgrade. Not usable, can not access any or the modules nor the ability to access the admin tools.

Shutting down the laptop and rebooting did not resolve the problem

I tried running “composer update” several times from the Bitnami and Linux User directories.
I got the error message command “composer” not found. I searched for “composer” on the Linux directory.
No files were found in any of the active directories, but several files were found in backup or history directories. The file seems to be shellscript with 2 lines of code.

My Questions:

1. Is the PHP version an issue?
  2. How do I handle the files that are duplicated in the custom/ folders?
  3. Has my Custom Module that I created caused an update problem?
  4. Is the missing “composer” file an issue?
  5. If so, where is a safe source to copy the composer file, and what directory should “composer” be copied to?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and suggestions.

Hello,

You can get the actual cause of issue from the apache error log and suitecrm.log.

But as per the screenshot and other info. I believe it can be an issue of PHP and SuiteCRM version compatibility. You can refer compatibility matrix here : https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/compatibility-matrix/

Please use php 5.6 at least. I believe PHP 5.6 and mysql 5.6 is minimum acceptable for any software these days.