Update to 7.11.2: total crash

I’ve just updated in my dev environment from 7.11.1 to 7.11.2 and the only thing I got is a blank page.

On Apache logs I got:

[Fri Feb 22 17:17:57.905330 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 24644:tid 140064223213312] [client xxxxxxxx] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(/var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/vendor/composer/../../lib/SuiteCRM/Utility/SuiteLogger.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444\nPHP message: PHP Stack trace:\nPHP message: PHP   1. {main}() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/index.php:0\nPHP message: PHP   2. SugarApplication->execute() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/index.php:52\nPHP message: PHP   3. UsersController->execute() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php:113\nPHP message: PHP   4. UsersController->processView() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:375\nPHP message: PHP   5. ViewClassic->process() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:435\nPHP message: PHP   6. ViewClassic->display() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php:226\nPHP message: PHP   7. ViewClassic->includeClassicFile() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php:72\nPHP message: PHP   8. include_once() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php:834\nPHP message: PHP   9. displayRecaptcha() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/modules/Users/Login.php:163\nPHP message: PHP  10. spl_autoload_call() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/utils/recaptcha_utils.php:206\nPHP message: PHP  11. Composer\\Autoload\\ClassLoader->loadClass() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/utils/recaptcha_utils.php:206\nPHP message: PHP  12. Composer\\Autoload\\includeFile() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php:322\nPHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/vendor/composer/../../lib/SuiteCRM/Utility/SuiteLogger.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web:/var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/..:.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444\nPHP message: PHP Stack trace:\nPHP message: PHP   1. {main}() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/index.php:0\nPHP message: PHP   2. SugarApplication->execute() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/index.php:52\nPHP message: PHP   3. UsersController->execute() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php:113\nPHP message: PHP   4. UsersController->processView() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:375\nPHP message: PHP   5. ViewClassic->process() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:435\nPHP message: PHP   6. ViewClassic->display() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php:226\nPHP message: PHP   7. ViewClassic->includeClassicFile() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php:72\nPHP message: PHP   8. include_once() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php:834\nPHP message: PHP   9. displayRecaptcha() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/modules/Users/Login.php:163\nPHP message: PHP  10. spl_autoload_call() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/utils/recaptcha_utils.php:206\nPHP message: PHP  11. Composer\\Autoload\\ClassLoader->loadClass() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/utils/recaptcha_utils.php:206\nPHP message: PHP  12. Composer\\Autoload\\includeFile() /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php:322\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'SuiteCRM\\Utility\\SuiteLogger' not found in /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/utils/recaptcha_utils.php:206\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/modules/Users/Login.php(163): displayRecaptcha()\n#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(834): include_once('/var/www/html/s...')\n#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(72): SugarView->includeClassicFile('modules/Users/L...')\n#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(226): ViewClassic->display()\n#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(435): SugarView->process()\n#5 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()\n#6 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(113): SugarController->execute()\n#7 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execut...\n'

Anyone?

Yes, exact the same here with the same software :frowning:

Frank

all files in the folder of lib/SuiteCRM/Utility are gone.
copy the 3 files manually from the suitecrm upgrade zip file into the folder lib\SuiteCRM\Utility to the webserver.

Worked for me.
However the question remains what else has not been properly installed or deleted alltogether???

5 Likes

your fixed helped me! Thanks alot!

One thing i did notice was that the dashboard panel which has the “My Activity Stream” has all the time stamps as ‘0 seconds ago’

Thanks, missing files :ohmy:

composer update

solved the problem. My fault. Check https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/21715-login-page-fatal-error-after-upgrade

1 Like

Replacing the 3 files in Utility worked for me.
Interestingly, we were running fine after the upgrade. It wasn’t until the following day that we got the blank login page…???

Sure it may work, but not the right way to do it. I guess you were running with cached data. I was able to run for a few minutes and then, blank page.

This 3 file fix worked! Thanks

This fix worked for us also.

Took two days to blow up.

Does make you wonder about the integrity of the upgrade process.

thx worked for me

Actually, there is a red warning before doing the upgrade asking to run the command ‘composer update’. Maybe the warning should be bigger. But I think the upgrade process is very integer and reliable.

May be read the big red sign again:

I have copied the message for your convenience.

[b]Note: We highly recommend that you create a copy of the SuiteCRM instance you use in production, and test the upgrade package before deploying the new version. If you have changed the “composer.json” file, please run

composer update

, after the upgrade process has completed. [/b]

Most of us haven’t changed the composer.json file, hence, big red sign --> not so relevant.

Your point is right, cperrot. Maybe you could file a new issue on GitHub asking to change the message.

to be clear, you MUST run composer update after upgrade, always? when do you run composer update? when do you not run it?

Thank you for pointing that out.
I looked at the documentation and it does say to rebuild relationships and rebuild extensions.
Doing the quick rebuild several times did resolve my issues.

Where is the composer update command located in the system or directory structure.
As my wife would say I am man scanning and do not see it. From command line not found.

THX

you need to login to the machine running apache2 (or nginx) and suitecrm. Go to the suitecrm directory in /var/www/html - then elevate to root via SU and type ‘composer update’

composer should be installed from when you installed suitecrm. I used these instructions to install suitecrm where composer is referenced: https://websiteforstudents.com/install-suitecrm-on-ubuntu-16-04-18-04-with-apache2-mariadb-and-php-7-2/

I am still waiting on someone to educate me on what exactly composer does, besides updating dependencies, and when to run it and when not to run it. The upgrade said “if you changed composer.json then run composer update” but none of us ever actually changed composer.json. I posted a seperate thread about this question and only received ridicule “if you don’t know what it does, don’t do it” but here we all are running composer update like idiots.

Thanks.
Centos 6 server

/var/www/html/suitecrm
[root@lenny suitecrm]# composer update
bash: composer: command not found
[root@lenny suitecrm]#

I will stick with running quick repair several times.

Install it with
on Ubuntu

apt install composer

on CentOS 7 (googled it haven’t tested it)

yum install composer

then run in the crm webfolder e.g. /var/www/suitecrm

composer update

What it does is to update dependencies to third party libraries and check whether required versions are installed (as far as I can tell, maybe someone else has some more input)

does it make sense to run composer afterwards? :smiley: