7.10.2 Please stop changing the theme again and again!

I upgraded to 7.10.2 and my Dusk theme got really messed up. The spaces got even tinier and looking un-professional. The profile and notifications icons are all crooked now. Some colors also changed for the worse. The 7.10 Dusk theme was much cleaner and more professional. I thought something went wrong with my upgrade but when I checked the live demo and saw the same thing I was surprised. Whoever keeps playing with the themes, could you guys maybe focus on the making the platform more reliable and stop changing it again and again?

Can somebody tell me how to preserve the original Dusk theme from 7.10? I’ve copied the theme folder from 7.10 before upgrading just in case. If I upload and overwrite the new install will the original theme come back?

I’d like to keep this discussion in only one place, not three :slight_smile: you can choose whichever you prefer.

Here I would just add this advise: do not attempt to mix the theme files between versions, you’ll get yourself into trouble for it.

Of course you can copy color values from one CSS to the other to get the old colors back.

Please bring back the Suite 7 theme which is much more efficient.
Many thanks.

There will absolutely for certain NOT be a Suite7 theme come-back. It is not technically possible. The SuiteP theme in 7.10 got the following improvements:

• 4 sub-themes allowing for different colours
  • reduced spacing as requested by users

What is lacking? Let’s fix it. There’s no turning back on this one. Also, remember SuiteCRM is 100% customizable and nothing is stopping people from changing it to fit their needs and tastes.

I was hoping you guys will bring the original Dusk theme from 7.10 to 7.10.4 but that didn’t happen.
I’m so disappointed. You guys invented a super awesome color scheme in SuiteP Dusk in 7.10 version. Everything looked professional and even. But somebody got their hands on it again unfortunately and completely messed it up!

Can we please revert to 7.10 Dusk colors and spaces? Everything from 7.10 looks better than the later versions. Also the list view is even more squeezed. It doesn’t have to be that squeezed. You guys already shrunk it before, why do it again?

The spaces between fields are so small now that some are just blending together and the other ones have microscopic gaps between them. It looks soo unprofessional. In 7.10 it looked much cleaner and more even.

Could we please just keep the better version?

@acoolov From your description it sounds like you might have have some broken CSS in your system. The themes themselves weren’t changed much since 7.10, just some added contrast (by community request). The most impacting visual change was a change of icon set that was necessary precisely to accommodate the different backgrounds the new sub-themes brought in.

So please post a screenshot of the “good” and “bad” as you call it, so I can get a clear perception of what’s bothering you, it might be just a matter of some repairs and clearing caches.

I actually reverted back to 7.10. I was talking about your demo site. Plus my site was exactly the same. Here are some pictures

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500715710488
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500715709771

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500715709951
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500715709936

Hi there,

We are unable to see those screenshots (would one need to be registered to photobox in to see that?)

PGR,

Thanks for your comment and reply. My principal reason for not upgrading for us at this time is the filters on the modules. I just checked the latest demo and the requirement to click to expose the filter fields and the limit of the display of those fields makes the functionality poor. We are often using module search screens to find specific opportunities, accounts, contacts, etc. We have had our developer enable four columns of search filters so we can easily and quickly filter the results to get what we need.

It would be great if there was a mode where all of these search parameters/filters were available in a persistant view such as in the Suite 7 theme and that we could have 4 or more columns. we take particular care to organize the filter-fields so that all in one row are the same height to ensure the most compact representation.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
Custom Machine

i can’t say we currently have resources to go and change this part if the UI. But I think your approach, having an in-house developer make some customizations, is the correct one for an open-source project like ours. It isn’t complicated to get the filters panel to show all the time, instead of having to click to open.

The only thing I would add is to contribute these customizations back to the community if you think they are generic enough that they might benefit others.

If your developer is having trouble with any specific change, you can ask for help here and we’ll do our best to help out. Thanks.

PGR, Thank you for your reply, we are working on many customizations to automate and simplify data entry for our salespeople. We would be willing to work on it and release the code for the filter if we can turn the project into something that is not a huge impact to the other work we are doing.

Would you be able to help out dgailwhitt who works with us and has met you on these forums with some pointers to help get her oriented?

Thanks Custom Machine

@CustomMachine yeah, sure, you can count on our best efforts to guide people form the Community who are trying to fix bugs and develop new features.

The time we spend educating users about git, about automated tests, etc., is counted as a “plus” for us. It increases the quantity and quality of the Community’s contributions and, really, this project can’t live without that. It’s huge and SalesAgility isn’t trying to pull this off alone, it wouldn’t work.

Sometimes we aren’t able to help, out of sheer lack of time; but if we possibly can, we will definitely try. :slight_smile:

PGR, thanks. I’ve asked our developer to reach out to you to understand the scale of what is required.

Thanks,
Custom Machine

Ok!

That thread about CustomMachine’s issue continues here:

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/21713-upgrading-from-7-7-9#77302

(I moved it)