Menu

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Upgrade wizard fails on second phase after validating all file permissions and tables

Upgrade wizard fails on second phase after validating all file permissions and tables 5 days 7 hours ago #69274

• dlogiudice
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello All, i am on suite CRM 7.6.8 and I am trying to upgrade with with file SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.6.x-to-7.8.20.zip.
After passing the validations for file permissions and tables, which passes ok, I click on "next" and the page becomes blank/empty.
I have already triple-checked that all directories are on 755 (except the ones like upload, cache, etc that goes with 775 permission ) and all required files with 644, so it is not a permissions issue.
When I check the upgradeWizard.log log I don't see no errors with the below lines:
- No Permissions errors found!
- Finished database permissions check.
- setting session variables...
- At upload.php
- finding new files for upgrade

I gave up reading all and every post related to the upgrade.

Any suggestion please?????
many thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upgrade wizard fails on second phase after validating all file permissions and tables 5 days 6 hours ago #69275

• amariussi
  • SuiteCRM Is My Life
  • Thank you received: 233
"No permissions errors found" has a different meaning (please don't ask!)

The reality is that, BEFORE you install, you have to set OS files/folders permissins correctly as well as OS owner/group correctly.

If you dont' do it correctly the installation may fail or, even worse, the whole system will be faulty, and yo may not even notice until it's too late!!!

Have you really checked correctly?

You mention only folders/files..

How about owner/group?

Do you have a crontab entry? Which are the owner/group that run your cron jobs? Are they the same as the ones you have set for all your SuiteCRM folder/files? (they must be the same!)

To reset permissions (not owner/group) you may try this:
github.com/amariussi/chperms

Upgrade wizard fails on second phase after validating all file permissions and tables 5 days 6 hours ago #69276

• dlogiudice
Many thanks for your quick response; I think permissions and owner/group are ok, altough I don't lose anything bu running the script for resetting permissions.
I will let you know how it ogoes.
thanks again!

Upgrade wizard fails on second phase after validating all file permissions and tables 1 day 7 hours ago #69431

• dlogiudice
Hello Amariussi, I did run the script altought it did not have any effects and I still have the same issue (upgrade wizzard doesnt pass the 2nd step after checking permissions.)
the user/gropup for the Suitecrm are the someones as apache uses and all files permissions are ok.
I feel pretty frustrated as I stuck without the change of upgrading the CRM...

Any and all help is much appreciated, many thanks for your continued support!.
amariussi wrote:
"No permissions errors found" has a different meaning (please don't ask!)

The reality is that, BEFORE you install, you have to set OS files/folders permissins correctly as well as OS owner/group correctly.

If you dont' do it correctly the installation may fail or, even worse, the whole system will be faulty, and yo may not even notice until it's too late!!!

Have you really checked correctly?

You mention only folders/files..

How about owner/group?

Do you have a crontab entry? Which are the owner/group that run your cron jobs? Are they the same as the ones you have set for all your SuiteCRM folder/files? (they must be the same!)

To reset permissions (not owner/group) you may try this:
github.com/amariussi/chperms
Moderators: disytel
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds