currency error, file missing

Hello,

I recently installed current versions of SuiteCRM, the LTS version 7.10.17 as well as the most current version 7.11.4 (on two different servers).
I added the EURO as a currency. Since then, the left bar in both version shows an entry “Base impleme…” . When I click the edit-Symbol, I get in both versions:
“Fehler: Datei [modules/Currencies/metadata/editviewdefs.php] fehlt. Kann nichts erstellen da keine korrespondierende HTML Datei gefunden wurde.”

This is a fresh install on an Ubuntu 18.04 server.

I checked the file system, the file is definitely missing, in fact the whole folder “metadata” is missing:
/var/www/html/suitecrm$ ls modules/Currencies/
Currency.php EditView.js field_arrays.php index.php language ListView.html vardefs.php
EditCurrency.php EditView.tpl Forms.php iso4217.php ListCurrency.php Menu.php

I already tried a repair, but that didn’t help.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome.

I am not familiar with currency functionality, can you please tell me how you did this?

Then I can try investigating a bit further… Thank you

Hi,
thanks for looking into this.

I logged in as admin, went to Admin -> Currencies and added the EURO currency as a new currency with

• currency name: EURO
  • ISO symbol: EUR
  • exchange rate: 0,8807
  • currency symbol: €

That was all.

Since then, the left bar in both SuiteCRM versions shows an entry “Base impleme…” . When I click the edit-Symbol, I get in both versions:
“Fehler: Datei [modules/Currencies/metadata/editviewdefs.php] fehlt. Kann nichts erstellen da keine korrespondierende HTML Datei gefunden wurde.”

Regards, flohrs

Do you have any other problems, besides the wrong display in the “Recently viewed” area?

This is a bug, the currencies module is a bit special, it’s not a complete module, and I guess nobody ever prepared it to appear on the “Recently viewed” list. But it seems a harmless bug, it should go away as soon as you visit 5 other records… or is there something else troubling you?

Not so far, but we are just starting to use the system.
But I guess we won’t get into too much trouble because we don’t do a lot of money related stuff anyway.

Thanks for looking into this!

Regards, flohrs