Email settings are not working correctly for marketing campaigns

Hello,

I’ve been succesfully using Suite CRM since two years but few months ago a new update completely broke the marketing campaigns.
When I first installed the program I was able to customize the “From Name”, “From Address”, “Reply-to Name” and “Reply-to Address” on the fly every time I was sending a new email campaign. Approximately at the beginning of 2018 I have installed a new offical update and this feature got completely broken.
Now I am not able to set the From/Reply-to adddress because the software always use the default address corresponding to the “Outgoing Email Account”. The strange thing is that, even if I create a new account, set it as the default and select it as the outgoing account of my campaign the software always use the old email address.
I am using the latest update and this issue still persists.
Please consider to fix this on a priority base, since this was a very important feature for me.

Best regards

Andrea

Yes there are some bugs in this area and they are receiving top priority.

Meawhile, if you’re a developer, you can try changing these lines manually to override values while sending:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/SugarPHPMailer.php#L442-L443

Remove the comment marks (//) and edit the value.

Make sure you test this first, I am not sure this applies to Campaigns sending, But I think it does.

Also remember to comment the lines again when the campaign is over. This affects every email coming out of SuiteCRM, you don’t want those values to be hard-coded.

Thank you for the hint.
I’ll try this and let you know.
Hope a new update can fix this definitively.

Regards

Andrea

Hello,

Has this issue been resolved in version 7.10.7?

Regards

Andrea

Dear Pgr,

The workaround you suggested was succesful, however we had to add some code manually in order to make the “reply to” work properly.
However since the process basically influence all the functionalities of the suite I really hope that you could fix this soon.

Regards

Andrea