SuiteCRM in a Docker container: Custom views break

Hi,
I am on SuiteCRM 7.11.3 and have Suite setup with some customizations such as custom create and edit views. If run on my host machine this works like it should. I now deployed the DB and Suite into a Docker container each. This setup basically works.
However, the custom create and edit views are not working anymore. If you click on create or edit for a record you just see a blank page. It doesn’t show any errors, neither in the suitecrm.log nor in the php log. Its just a plain empty page (in the SuiteCRM design, its not a 404 just no content).

I use php 7.1 in the Docker container and set the privileges of my suitecrm folder to

chown -R www-data:www-data .
chmod -R 755 .
chmod -R 775 custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Does anyone has an idea what could lead to breaking of custom create/edit views? All non-custom views are working fine its just the customizations die silently, which makes really hard to track possibles causes.

We use SuiteCRM in Docker all the time, nothing very special about that. It should work.

Are you sure about that PHP log? I am sure there should be a message there, maybe you need to check your log settings.

I would start by going in Admin / Daignostics / phpinfo and check my php.ini path from there, and then check that php.in for error settings: log path and enable more kinds of messages.

A way to test the PHP log is to go in index.php and add this line near the beginning:

$createWarning = 3 / 0;

Then go through a few screens of SuiteCRM and check your logs for “division by zero” errors.

Thanks for pointers. I investigated this issue a bit further and found that overwriting the default view does still work. Thus, if you create a view.edit.php (for instance) the problems do not show up.

The views that are no longer working are all defined via a custom action. Seemingly this custom-action mechanism does break. It generates no error, neither php nor suitecrm.log nor browser console (everything finishes with 200 as code).
The actions are still recognized if you add a letter in the browser search bar to the action that is supposed to be executed SuiteCRM tells you that it does not exist (which is correct) its just that valid custom actions do not work in a Docker container.

Is this somehow helpful to determine a possible cause?

Do you see the “division by zero” error appear in your PHP log?

Yes, I see the error but no info shows up that would explain why the custom action / custom form do not work anymore.

:frowning:

My question was just meant to verify that you are, in fact, looking at the correct log file, and that PHP is writing to it. So if there are no further errors there, we know it’s not a PHP error that is blocking execution, it is actually executing fine but something else is preventing any output from showing.

Do you have XDEBUG set up, can you debug the program to see which path it is taking through the code?