(Run Report Generation Scheduled Tasks) failed in CRON run

Hi,

Im getting this error in suitecrm log … Job bebefb4b-f9c4-3b55-11e4-5620b272f436 (Run Report Generation Scheduled Tasks) failed in CRON run , and newsletter emails are not receiving.

Please help

Hi,

Make sure that the permissons on your instance are correct. We usually recommend:
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Also,
Navigate to Admin > Email Settings and ensure that your E-mail settings are set up correctly. You can check by clicking “Send Test Email” and checking if you receive the mail.

You may also have to check that your User profile has the correct E-mail settings set up. You can do this by clicking your name on the top-right, and checking the “Email Settings” section.

Already set the same. Newsletter status in “Message Queue” but time passed.

I see from your other thread that you have set up your cron job to be every two minutes.

If you change your Cron tab file so that the line it uses is not: ‘*/2 * * * * cd /var/www/html/crm; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1’
but instead use the one that the CRM gives, which I believe you stated is: '* * * * * cd /var/www/html/crm; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 ’
Just so you know, You can change the interval that specific Scheduled Tasks run at by going to Admin > Schedulers Editing a Scheduled Task. You can find the “Interval” option there. It may be safer than changing the Cron line.

Does the Report send?

Also,
What are the settings of the Host of your instance? is it Linux/Windows based? Do you have a third party host?
It may help if by setting the User and group to the correct values for all files/folders.
You can do this by running the command:

sudo chown -R <user>:<group> .

But, you should replace the and with the correct values for the server.
For Example, a Linux/Ubuntu server will most likely have www-data as both User and Group of the server.

changed the line to * * * * * cd /var/www/html/crm; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Same error,

Linux based own server (centOs)
chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/agencycrm/

In Admin -> Email Queue , I can see a list of newsletter emails to be sent. When i click “Send Queued Campaign Emails”, it shoots out all email to the corresponding users. Why this not happening automated?? is this due to above cron fail???

Thanks

It is most likely caused by the failed cron.

I take from your line of: 'chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/agencycrm/ ’
That the URL of your instance is actually var/www/html/agencycrm/
while your CRON line shows /var/www/html/crm/

Could you try adding another line to your crontab file? This time have the location be the agencycrm. The line should be:

* * * * * cd /var/www/html/agencycrm; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Sorry changed. But same error on suitecrm log … failed cron.

Thanks

Hi,

It appears that (Run Report Generation Scheduled Tasks) Scheduler is known to cause issues with cron and other Scheduled Tasks
This will hopefully be resolved in future releases.

If you disable it, your other cron jobs should run fine, assuming that your Cron tab is set up correctly.

1 Like

I had the “(Run Report Generation Scheduled Tasks) failed in CRON run” error and chalked it up to a cron permissions.

This seems to have sorted it out:

* * * * * cd /var/www/html/suitecrm; www-data php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

(Ubuntu 14.04)

1 Like

This works for me as I 'm using Ubuntu 14.04 too.

My sincere apology. The solution given was not working. The cron job stopped completely.

Am using 7.2.2 running on Ubuntu 14.04.

Am using the below setting:-

CRON:-

• cd ; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Workflow: every 5 mins with “execute missed”

Report: every 15 mins with “execute missed”

These settings works very well for me.

Did you find a fix for this please? I am getting the same (as follows) but the reports schedule / run fine:

Fri Feb 26 21:34:01 2016 [25453][1][FATAL] Job 6840b5d9-757c-9eb9-f3de-56d0c45d12c6 (Run scheduled reports) failed in CRON run
Fri Feb 26 21:35:02 2016 [25553][1][FATAL] Job e66bb673-4c9d-1499-d274-56d0c570cfc5 (Run scheduled reports) failed in CRON run
Fri Feb 26 21:36:01 2016 [25631][1][FATAL] Job 78e6e687-ee8d-35e4-a01f-56d0c58a0692 (Run scheduled reports) failed in CRON run
Fri Feb 26 21:37:02 2016 [25666][1][FATAL] Job ed44b0e8-c8dd-81f3-ae94-56d0c5db1e79 (Run scheduled reports) failed in CRON run

Any change on this please? Still getting the same error, repeatedly.

I have the same issue

I am also experiencing this issue. Very vanilla installation using https://www.turnkeylinux.org/suitecrm and crontab exactly as stated in the scheduler ( * * * * * cd /var/www/suitecrm; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 )

I don’t have any scheduled reports, so I tried scheduling one, and I still get the error.

I should also note that the when I scheduled a report, it runs and provided an email to me without issue, but the crontab error (Job bb7047d3-031b-8137-fa67-5705400ea18e (Run Report Generation Scheduled Tasks) failed in CRON run) still exists every time the job runs.

Thank you.

Hi,

In /var/www/[CRM PATH]/ check this command: php -f cron.php

If you have message "PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with ‘#’ are deprecated in XXXXX " edit XXX file change # charactere for ;
Restart apache service "service apache2 restart"and retry : “php -f cron.php”

Have a nice day

When is this going to be fixed @john?