Issues with Office 365 connected to Outlook during testing

Hello,

I have been testing the RC outlook plugin - and had some odd results.

I have two test office 365 accounts - the Users are both setup in a dev SuiteCRM environment - running Version 7.4.3
Sugar Version 6.5.20 (Build 1001)

I installed the RC Outlook plugin in a Windows 10 and Windows 7 machine - as soon as I installed on one machine - for User A - we had some slow processing results - so I quit that machine (windows 10 - office 2016) and testing on the second test machine (Windows 7 - office 2016) -

When I installed the plugin on the second machine - and relaunched Outlook - i discovered that the calendar items from the account for User A - appeared in the User B’s outlook calendar - there was a mix of SuiteCRM generated calendar items and non-suitecrm calendar events – both types from UserA showed up in User B’s Outlook Calendar.

In addition - the Calendar Events in User A - all got shifted forward by 4 hours.

Also - a number of Contacts in User Bs outlook got duplicated - and these contacts were not all from the SutieCRM contacts - some where.

it should be noted that the Calendars are public within the Users of the office 365 account - but there was no sharing or delegation.

Would like to collaborate so we can provide as much testing feedback to the SuiteCRM team.

Hi Michael,

We wouldn’t class this as a major bug as Outlook 365 is not supported by the SuiteCRM Outlook Plug-in.

The plug-in is designed to be installed on Outlook on each users desktop so that the user configures the plug-in for their CRM user pointing to their Outlook user and vice versa. It can also be installed on a Citrix environment.

In regards to dates, the dates are displayed/added to Outlook using the ‘UTC’ date format as is used in the CRM database. You will need to ensure your Outlook Timezone matches that of the CRM timezone.

Kind Regards,

Will.

Hello Will,

I think there may be some confusion - the account I was testing with is Office 365 - I am installing the suitecrm outlook plugin in windows 7 as Outlook add-in.

Are you saying that this plugin does not support an account in Outlook (desktop) that is connecting to an Office 365 account?

It seems that this would be a standard config for most users today - and before this the older MS Exchange server (presumably the engine behind office 365)

Outlook to connect to their mailboxes once their Office 365 password was reset. … reports of user profile corruption that result in Office 365 connectivity issues. … you’re testing Outlook connectivity on; profile problems are a common cause …

Informatica Training | Tableau Training | Hadoop Training

I am not clear on what your response is - are you commenting on the connectivity to Outlook client- that is configured to an office 365 account?