SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin v1.1.0.7

SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin v1.1.0.7

The latest version of the SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin, v1.1.0.7, has been released on the GitHub repository and the extensions directory.

Please download, test, contribute, feed back and review.

Kind Regards,

The SuiteCRM Team.

1 Like

This works very well on built-in Modules.

However, with custom modules, Iā€™m not getting the archived email to show on the ā€œHistoryā€ panel (or anywhere else).

I do get the confirmation that the email was archived successfully.

Iā€™ve also run the repairs in Suitecrm

Could it be associated to using an external email client & not using the email in SuiteCRM?

Or perhaps that I use a typed search term (which finds the record very well) instead of the actual email address. (This is good for allocating correspondence to specific modules).

If I archive to accounts or contacts, it shows in the History panel without issue.

As youā€™ll see on the attachment, Iā€™m using my own module for cases.

Perhaps I should apologize.

The same issue is happening with using the group mail within SuiteCRM.

The email claims to be already imported or deleted from the server.

I started to have problems with SuiteCRM even trying to look in my sugarCRM database. It worked flawlessly for 2 month until last week and then it starts to hang when i manually try to archive. Iā€™m not given a chance to input anything. I noted that there was a newer version so i went and replaced the old one with the newer one today.

Now with the newer version, it is returning false results when manually searching. When i put in the info for the CRM addin to look, it comes back saying nothing was found in my CRM database. I am testing this on a previous email i know the auto archive worked just fine with the previous version and is archived. I tested with another email. Same erroneous result. I am not sure if the autoarchive works yet with the new version.

it seems that a bug has popped up with the last version and a a newer release was released and its functionality has retrograded to the point itā€™s worthless.

Iā€™d appreciate it if a response can be made about this. There is no suitable sugarCRM 6.5 CE edition plugin for Outlook 2013 beside yours.

The previous version had just about saved my life until the bug came up with manual archiving. I am at my witā€™s end. I am not reverting to Thunderbird where there are many plugins available, Thunderbird has its own set of problems.

Test

I do hope this isnā€™t in-appropriate, but I located Opacus SugarCRM plugin at their website www.opacus.co.uk

I have no criticism of the SuiteCRM guys or their efforts. However, I needed to archive emails & this did the trick.

The Opacus product looks almost identical to the SuiteCRM plugin, however it also syncs the calendar, contacts, tasks.

Iā€™m using it to manually sync emails to one (or more) custom modules with good success.

Their licensing is in expensive and it is available as a trial initially. ($24 per user per year).

If the SuiteCRM guys want to sell me a matching replacement, Iā€™ll have no hesitation in jumping back.

Hi Ian,

We will be working on new iterations which will add new features to the SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin.

Thank you for your feed back.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Not sure if this has already been reported or not but attachments donā€™t work properly. They are always ā€˜corruptā€™. Ie if you attach an image or pdf and then download from suiteCRM, it wonā€™t view etc. Text files seems ok.

Iā€™m using Outlook 2010 and have the addin settings; ā€œArchive attachments alsoā€ and Auto Archiving enabled

Hi tien,

Thanks for highlighting. If you can provide some screen shots and also check your error logs in windows and post any further details(plug-in version, windows version) etc. that would be great.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

The version Iā€™m using of the plugin is 1.1.0.7, Windows 7 32bit, there wasnā€™t any error logs that were relevant in either windows or suiteCRM. Attached are some screenshots.

To reproduce the problem;

1. Attach an image to an email and send it to a known contact in suiteCRM so that it automatically archives the email.
  2. Log into suiteCRM and view the contactā€™s history.
  3. Open email and click attachment to download.
  4. View image.

Regards,
Tien

Hi Will,

I come across 2 additional issues.

1. When you forward an email, it does not archive to suiteCRM.

2. When you attempt to manually archive in outlook by selecting the ā€œArchiveā€ button and search for a contact or account, it always responds with ā€œNo Resultā€

Can you point me any log files I can look at for investigation?

is it compatible with window xp with office 2007 ?

thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am running v7.2 beta and having issues uploading the zip file which comes up with error below. I have changed the security settings and also unzipped and re-zipped the folder in vain.

ZIP Error(0): Status(9): Arhive(upload://SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin v1.1.0.7.zip): Directory(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SuiteCRM\cache\upgrades\temp\36E2.tmp)

All help is appreciated.

Many Thanks

The Outlook Plugin does not get uploaded to the CRM.

It is an installable plug-in for Outlook to sync to SuiteCRM.

Thanks,

Will.

I can confirm that PDF attachments fail when archiving messages using the SuiteCRM Outlook plugin.

See attachments.

1. test_attachment.pdf is the file before upload.
  2. test_attachment_afterupload.pdf is the file after upload (corrupt).

The filesizes are different. See the attached ā€œupload_comparisonā€ document - the contents inside the file change.

Iā€™m still waiting for a response from the developer to address the issue I mentioned twice by accidentā€¦

Hello

I downloaded the latest SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin from
https://suitecrm.com/community/suitecrm-extensions/business/27-salesagility

I am attempting to install this on a Office365 subscription and have found that the Plugin shows up
in the add-ins as inactive. When I try to activate this plugin it states that it
the installed product does not match the installation source and asks me to find an .msi file.

Any pointers?

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m having a similar issue with Opacus Outlook Connector.

They appear to be very similar products.

Iā€™ve raised a support request with them & waiting for the reply.

(Shouldnā€™t be long) If it seems relevant, Iā€™ll add it here.

cheers

Ian

Iā€™ve got solutions to the 3 issues that I reported way backā€¦

Corrupted attachments fix - https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-outlook-plugin/3070-bug-attachments-corrupted-files

Forward email issue:

File: ThisAddin.cs

private void Application_ItemSend(object item, ref bool target)
        {
            try
            {
                if (item is Outlook.MailItem)
                {
                    Outlook.MailItem objMail = (Outlook.MailItem)item;

// Changed so that even if the mail has been processed in the past, still go ahead and try to archive email.
                    //
                    //if (objMail.UserProperties["SuiteCRM"] == null)
                    //{
                        ArchiveEmail(objMail, 3, this.settings.ExcludedEmails);
                        objMail.UserProperties.Add("SuiteCRM", Outlook.OlUserPropertyType.olText, true, Outlook.OlUserPropertyType.olText);
                        objMail.UserProperties["SuiteCRM"].Value = "True";
                        objMail.Save();
                    //}
                }
            }

Archive search issue:

File: clsGlobals.cs

public static string CreateFormattedPostRequest(string method, object parameters)
	        {
	            JsonSerializer serializer = new JsonSerializer();
	            serializer.Converters.Add(new Newtonsoft.Json.Converters.JavaScriptDateTimeConverter());
	            serializer.NullValueHandling = Newtonsoft.Json.NullValueHandling.Ignore;
	            serializer.StringEscapeHandling = StringEscapeHandling.EscapeHtml;

StringBuilder buffer = new StringBuilder();

StringWriter swriter = new StringWriter(buffer);
	            serializer.Serialize(swriter, parameters);

// Fixed issue with searches that should return records that don't
	            //
	            string rest_data = System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlEncode(buffer.ToString());

string ret = "method=" + method
	            ret += "&input_type=JSON&response_type=JSON&rest_data=" + rest_data;
	            return ret;
	        }
1 Like

Hi Tien,

Thanks for putting these fixes on the forum.

I was able to fix the corrupted files fix on the server in PHP but it looks like the other two fixes are to be made to the plugin code itself, correct?

For the Archive search issue:
I accessed the latest version of the Outlook plugin code from github and found the clsGlobals,cs file but did not see any reference in that file of CreateFormattedPostRequest.
Can you give me more information on how to make this change?
Thanks,
Dianna