7.4 beta? Knowledge Base...

Hello,
I’m very interested in any upcoming version that will include a knowledge base. I was just tasked this week with making our own, however I have a feeling yours will be more robust. I already started, when I read of yours.

Will there be 7.x beta soon that includes it?

Thanks,
Darrel

Hi Darrel,

You can find out information on the 7.4 release on the blog post: https://suitecrm.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=56
It contains information like what is planned to be included and when the planned betas/releases are.

Regards, John

I upgraded to 7.4 beta 1, and can’t figure out how to create a knowledgebase article. I don’t see it anywhere. I am logged in as admin user, so I should have access to everything?

try checking in admin->Display Modules and Subpanels and see if its just hidden

OK, that worked. Thanks

Looks good, but I can’t figure out what this means:
"Users can create Knowledge Base articles which are dynamically searched based on Case Subject. "
I don’t see the relation between the cases and the KB article. Is it possible to convert a case to a KB article, or somehow reference them?

Now I’ve upgraded my test instance from 7.3.x to 7.4. I previously had my own custom “Knowledge Base” module, and expected to see a new same-named one too. But I don’t see it anywhere. Could me having one of the same name already have caused install issues, or is there something I need to check under the hood? Tried several of the Repair options to no avail; still just seeing my own version of the knowledge base.

Hi Darrel,

Having two modules with the same name could likely cause issues with how they Display.
I’m not sure what a workaround would be, but you could try renaming the Knowledge Base Module that you created.

Afterwards, run a Quick Repair and Rebuild and Clear your browser’s cache, check if both your Module and the newly added Knowledge Base module show

The module will be hidden on upgrade. You can display it in Admin -> Display Modules and Subpanels.

I’ve checked there, it isn’t in the right side columns. There is one on the left, however it seems to be my own iteration.

Any tips on how many places I need to rename my existing Knowledge Base module?