SuiteCRM 7.11 Beta Release!

Hi Everyone!

The latest cutting edge pre-production release, SuiteCRM 7.11 Beta is now available to download

This Release should Not be used in a Production Environment
Help us find the bugs and give your feedback to make this the best release so far!
The focus of SuiteCRM 7.11 is to introduce Elasticsearch and Google Calendar Sync.
[color=#ff0044]
ElasticSearch
[/color]

[color=#ff0044]What is Elasticsearch?[/color]

Elasticsearch is an open-source, broadly-distributable, readily-scalable, enterprise-grade RESTful search engine. It provides a highly flexible solution to centrally store and index your data that can be accessed extremely quickly via its API.

Find out more on how Elasticsearch is used to enhance your data discovery

SuiteCRM + Elasticsearch = ?

By including Elasticsearch as a core search engine integration SuiteCRM will now provide users a faster and better scalable way to perform full text searches via Global Search on larger data volumes than before.

This integration also provided SalesAgility the opportunity to re-factor the legacy Search framework and encourage a more modular approach. This enables better integration with other search engines within SuiteCRM.

[color=#ff0044]What do you need to use Elasticsearch with SuiteCRM?[/color]

• You will need an Elasticsearch instance Administrator role on SuiteCRM

• We have added a new section to our documentation site that helps you set up a very simple Elasticsearch instance here.

[color=#ff0044]Google Calendar[/color]

Google Suite integration is a very common request made by the users of SuiteCRM. Thanks to the generosity of one of our talented community members we now have the ability to include bidirectional Google Calendar synchronisation within core SuiteCRM.

Users can authenticate using their Google login and synchronise their Meetings between a Google calendar ā€“ these include updates, reminders, and invitees. It also provides a new way to introduce more Google Suite functionality within the core SuiteCRM ā€“ so watch this space!

[color=#ff0044]What do you need to use Google Calender sync with SuiteCRM?[/color]

• You will need a Google profile
  • A Google Calendar API Key
    Checkout the Google Calendar section on the documentation site for more information!

[color=#ff0044]Special Thanks to the Community![/color]

We would like to take this opportunity to make a big shout out thank you to all of our community members that helped contribute to this beta release and their continuous fantastic support. Finally, a very special thank you to Benjamin (@ApatheticCosmos)who has been instrumental in making possible the new Google Calender release within core SuiteCRM.

Try it out today! Download Here

5 Likes

Of course I just spent a bunch of time hooking up ElasticSearch 6.5 to our SuiteCRM :pinch:

wow!
I have been working on integrating ELK and especially kibana to get more flexible metrics and now you are doing it ! :slight_smile:
I donā€™t speek about bidirectional calendar which was a dream !

I Cannot wait to get live !

Thank you !

Hi folks!

Iā€™ve followed the guide to install Elastic Search. Everything seems to be OK. But if I go to Admin - Search Settings, I get a blank page. The same in Elastic Search Settings. If I try to search for anything, I get back to home page. In the logs, I have this.

[8635][1][FATAL] *** FOLDERS: addBean() got empty bean - not saving

On terminal, executing:

$ curl -X GET ā€œlocalhost:9200/ā€

shows:

{
ā€œnameā€ : ā€œ61X1Q_7ā€,
ā€œcluster_nameā€ : ā€œelasticsearchā€,
ā€œcluster_uuidā€ : ā€œwTBQ0JEwRaeB9Nj93pzoSwā€,
ā€œversionā€ : {
ā€œnumberā€ : ā€œ5.6.13ā€,
ā€œbuild_hashā€ : ā€œ4d5320bā€,
ā€œbuild_dateā€ : ā€œ2018-10-30T19:05:08.237Zā€,
ā€œbuild_snapshotā€ : false,
ā€œlucene_versionā€ : ā€œ6.6.1ā€
},
ā€œtaglineā€ : ā€œYou Know, for Searchā€
}

Regards!

Hi 3boptic

Sounds like you need to do a composer update. Did you use the packages or pulled directly from the repo to test this out?

Thanks JulienB,

This production release will be getting ES in and building the foundations of adding more ES features that Iā€™m sure people would be Elastic to use! :wink:
Thatā€™s also great a community provided feature helps your dreams of having google calendar syncing!

Thank you, samus-aran

I downloaded the packages from the website. Iā€™ve just performed a succesfull composer update in the suite root directory and a Quick Repair and Rebuild. The results are the same. What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Hmmm,

Weā€™ll need to try and replicate that.

What does your PHP errors say as the suitecrm.log FATAL doesnā€™t bring up anything obvious.

also if you ask to swith on the log trace in

config_override.php

temporary, would be very heplfull

$sugar_config['show_log_trace'] = true;

Thank you, guys. Here are the Apache logs:

[Mon Dec 03 11:54:00.766894 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2125:tid 140644123137792] [client XXXXXXXXXXXXX] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ā€˜SuiteCRM\Modules\Administration\Search\Controllerā€™ not found in /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/modules/Administration/SearchSettings.php:52
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(817): include_once()
#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(75): SugarView->includeClassicFile(ā€˜modules/Adminisā€¦ā€™)
#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(211): ViewClassic->display()
#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()
#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()
#5 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(109): SugarController->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#7 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/modules/Administraā€¦
', referer: http://XXXXXXXXX.XXX/index.php?module=Administration&action=index
[Mon Dec 03 11:54:10.699228 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2125:tid 140644762085120] [client XXXXXXXXXXXXX] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ā€˜SuiteCRM\Modules\Administration\Search\ElasticSearch\Controllerā€™ not found in /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/modules/Administration/ElasticSearchSettings.php:52
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(817): include_once()
#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(75): SugarView->includeClassicFile(ā€˜modules/Adminisā€¦ā€™)
#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(211): ViewClassic->display()
#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()
#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()
#5 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(109): SugarController->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/web/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#7 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/suitecrm-testing/wā€¦
', referer: http://XXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXX/index.php?module=Administration&action=index

Hmmm think something hasnā€™t updated.
Ok we have a couple of optionsā€¦

1. Check the permissions as they are new files in the lib folder (which the class to trying to call)
  2. Delete the vendor folder and composer install on the root. If it works after this when 1 didnā€™t that would mean the packages are not correct.

Have a shot of that and let us know!

No luck! The permissions are correct (775 for config_override.php cache custom modules themes data upload , all recursive; and 755 for the rest). I tried deleting vendor folder and installing composer again but the results are the same. I always have to install composer with sudo, although it warns me not to do. But without sudo, it throws an error.

After upgrading to RC, now the Elastic Search works perfeclty!!! Thank you for your time, anyway. BR

1 Like