Changing "from" address in emails sent via Workflow?

I’m using a Workflow with the Leads module to automatically send an email to a lead when their record is modified and meets certain conditions.

So far, it seems to be working perfectly, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to control the “from/reply-to” headers.

Right now, the “from” address defaults to the system email address, which in this case is "crm@domain.com."

However, the emails need to be “from” whoever is assigned to the lead. Otherwise, replies will be lost and our prospects will wonder why they are getting emails from someone named “CRM.”

I was able to personalize the email a bit by inserting the assigned user’s name in the body of the email template, but haven’t yet figured out how substitute the assigned user’s email address in the from/reply-to headers. I see no option to change it from the email template edit view.

Please advise. Thanks.

1 Like

There is no way currently to change the from email address in workflow currently.

Hello!

I was wondering if this feature (change the from/reply-to email address in workflow) was ever implemented.
Maybe through a logic hook?

Sorry to bring such an old thread back, but I have the same exact issue as the thread opener :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Guido

BUMP!

You should absolutely be able to customize the From: email address in a workflow !?