multipart form field like email address

Hello all - i would love to make a multi part field like the standard email field in accounts where the user can make multi choices like my screenshot here, is this do-able?

Sorry to bump but does anyone know the answer - its field is email1 but i cant figure out how to replicate this in other fields!

Hi,

Have a look at the Quotes module in SuiteCRM, the Line items which is what you want to replicate you can reduce the amount of fields in the lineitems.php and lineitems.js depending on what you are trying to do you may need to create a custom module to save the details being entered. you a relationship if its just relating to another module

Ian.

Hi Ian, thanks for your response ok so im looking at Quotes module in studio, im a little confused as the email field doesnt seem to be connected to this.
I can see “line items” listed in relationships in the quote module. can you tell me what i need to put in and how to make a custom field?

also i dont want it connecto any module - i just want it to produce the same effect as the email field!

Do you want to create the multiple field like that for phone number?

i think you should check this

Multi Phone Field

Regards,
Agas

got that but it wont install :slight_smile:

Hi there,

The module doesn’t say it’s compatible with SugarCRM 6.5.x CE, so there is no guarantee it will work with that or even SuiteCRM.

Thanks,

Will.

still have that permissions bug so we dont know!

Just to point out that the emails functionality uses a different table to save the email addresses, so the best way to recreate this functionality is to use a custom module which is then hidden to the users view and some javascript customsations very similar to the line items that you will find on the quotes module.

the quotes module saves the line items to a different module but the module is hidden from view and is never needed to be seen by anyone.

There is a good chance that the phone field module that you are seeing could be very simliar.

Anyone make any progress on this? I am looking to do the same with phone numbers.

Thanks,
Aaron

The good news is this ‘Multi Phone Field’ is compatible with the latest version of SuiteCRM, How do I know, because i’m using it and I’ve made modifications to the code that provides even more. Check it out below.

madhatt30,

How will you create this multipart phone fields kindly explain me that code level in suitecrm.

Ok, so I am adding an attachment here with the code with my modifications for the MultiTextField. The concept is exactly the same for creating the MultiPhoneField. If you do like I did and grabbed the code and went through it to see how it worked you will notice that there really isn’t a lot involved. and yes this is an installer package and can be uninstalled if you so choose. Enjoy!!!

Hi madhatt30,

I downloaded your zip file and i have to put module  loaded.where will see that effect kindly elaborate this one sir help me

Regards,
Rajkumaranbu

ins Studio or ModuleBuilder when you create a new field select ‘Extended TextField’ as the field type.I made some changes on my production server when I installed it and I am pretty sure I updated the source that I sent you. If you have any problems with it let me know and I’ll sort it out. If you look at the source code There are two areas you will be looking to modify these areas are

1. source: install\include\SugarFields\Fields | suiteCRM: include\SugarFields\Fields
  2. source: install\modules\DynamicFields\templates\Fields\Forms | SuiteCRM: modules\DynamicFields\templates\Fields\Forms

Pretty much all of you changes will take place in these two areas.

And here is the MultiPhoneField. works the same as the multitextfield one. To get familiar with how this works a good project would be to add a new field called ‘Ext’ so that if you need an extension for a phone number you can include it. I will be adding this on my end at some point since I have a need to use Extensions. Maybe I will make it an option.

The changes I have planned for this are to create one module called ‘MultiFields’ witht he following:

1. When defining the field type add additional option before ‘required’
    a. (Required Field) Dropdown with a list of ‘layout templates’
    i. Phone
    ii. Text

This way you only have to install one module, add the Extended MultiFields and then select the layout template, which can have as many fields and options as you want.

but It will be a little bit before I can make those changes I have some other things to do first :slight_smile:
Any input or suggestions are certainly welcome.

And Enjoy

Hi madhatt30,

This is  Good sir, If I need to create dynamic field in other module but I don't want  dropdown fields how will create and modify the code in suitecrm.

Regards,
Rajkumar V

Then just use MultiTextField as the field Type it is just TextFields no dropdown

Ok sir but if I Change the code all the modules that phone field to be changed sir. My Suitecrm don’t have that multi text field type sir.

Regards,
Rajkumar