Change Account to a Lead

I set up Suite CRM for my company last week and imported a couple spreadsheets of about 600 companies as accounts and another 400 or so contacts. Now, I am told that these accounts actually need to be leads, not accounts. Is there a way for me to update the accounts and change them to leads within Suite CRM?

I know that re-importing the spreadsheets is an option, however I’m trying to avoid that since I’ve made updates to the history tab under many of the accounts and I don’t want to have to go through each individual account and re-enter the history.

Can anyone help me figure out the most efficient way to do this?

Thanks so much.

If you don’t want to do it via Excel Import again, then you can use Mysql Query to copy over contents from Accounts table to Leads table.

INSERT INTO `leads` (`id`,`first_name`) SELECT `id`,`name` FROM `accounts`;

Note that the fields in first Bracket after leads would be mapped to the Selected fields from Accounts table. Once copied you can delete the accounts table records and Change the Parent Type in the History Module Tables (i.e. Calls, Notes, Meetings, Tasks) to Leads from Accounts.

Hi,

Please import the spreadsheet data in the lead module because SuiteCRM saves the data in multiple tables to manage the relationship.

Account to Lead conversion not possible in SuiteCRM.

You have updates in history modules of Accounts but Account and Lead both have different relationships with History subpanel.

Re-importing in the Lead module is the best option.

If you have any query please let me know. Thank You!