Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Skype URL In Contact Field

Skype URL In Contact Field 1 week 2 days ago #89244

• Bigshow77
HI,
A majority of my users use Skype chat to contact some of their clients. Is there away to have a field that contracts the Skype URL so that a chat can be opened via one click

the format of the url is

ideally the user would just add the username and suite would appended and prepend the correct info

thanks

Phil
Suitecrm 7.11.6
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Skype URL In Contact Field 1 week 2 days ago #89255

• pgr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1635
In Admin / System settings, you will find an option called "Enable click-to-call for phone numbers" which you can turn on.

It has a help comment there saying that
Allows users to click on phone numbers to call using the phone dialer on your mobile device, or a telephony app on your computer (SkypeOut®, etc.). The numbers must be formatted properly to make use of this feature. That is, it must be "+" "The Country Code" "The Number", like +1 (555) 555-1234.

Note that this will produce "tel:" URI's, not "Skype:" ones. But you should be able to configure your WIndows (or other OS) to direct those standard tel: URIs to SkypeOut.

More information here if you find you need to customize the code:

suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0...fy-click-to-call-uri

My SuiteCRM In-depth blog.
Thank you for always stating your SuiteCRM version, checking your logs, reading the Docs, and searching before you ask!

Skype URL In Contact Field 1 week 19 hours ago #89314

• Bigshow77
Thank you for this. We already have Click to Call turned on and users use this to open their soft client. What im ideally looking for is a way to for users to open a skype messaging/chat instance

Skype URL In Contact Field 1 week 16 hours ago #89321

• pgr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1635
Are you a developer, or do you have one working with you?

You could come up with a new sort of SugarField and make it construct the exact links you require.

Here is an example of how to add a new SugarField type, you could copy from that and adjust for your requirements:

www.jsmackin.co.uk/suitecrm/creating-cus...field-type-suitecrm/

And then you could share it with the Community! Thanks.

My SuiteCRM In-depth blog.
Thank you for always stating your SuiteCRM version, checking your logs, reading the Docs, and searching before you ask!
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds