Error when send Mail from Mail's Module

Hi, I have the following problem from the day I installed SuiteCRM: when I try to send an email from the Email’s Module the suiteCRM.log file shows me the following errors:

I know there shouldn’t be the “<” at the begin of the email address but before i try to send an email in the table “email_addresses” the field “email_address” contains the correct address, but when i send the email SuiteCRM add to that table one row with “FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME <EMAIL_ADDRESS” what could be the problem?
The strange thing is thet the test’s email is sent correctly and also the invite’s mail from a meeting is sent correctly.
The relative outbound email account is set correctly.
My version of SuiteCRM is the 7.11.6.

There’s already an issue open for this on Github:

There’s also another thread about this here:

Users can’t send email

I’ve been following this. So far no solution. I’ve been trying to figure it out myself but tracing it back is a little beyond my expertise.

Please try the proposed fix:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/7518/files

and tell us how it goes! Thanks!

Got it to work with the fix. Couple of things:

1. It didn’t work right off the bat. Had to re-enter and re-save my outbound email account in my user profile after the fix was applied.
  2. Make sure you have the options selected in email settings “users may send as themselves” checked.
  3. If users have their own SMTP outbound email account it will only show as an option in the email compose dropdown IF they also have setup an INBOUND email account.
1 Like

It works, thanks