Double validation after editing

Hey,

I m looking for a way to make a double verification

Explaination:

when a regular user edit a module or a document, after saving his modification,

a notification will be sent to the owner of the module/document so he can verify and approve or not the changes

if he approves the changes, the status will,for example, pass from “Active” to “Inactive”

Do you know how to do that, or a similar thing ?

Many thanks

Something could be done around Workflows, but if you don’t want to make a lot of custom PHP code developments, it would be great if you could reduce the scope of that.

Can you have that process only for a certain module, and only for a certain field, or a few?

Have you seen the “View change log” option in the Actions dropdown of each record’s Detail view? You can configure which fields get recorded. This way you can have a log of who-changed-what. But that is currently just a report, you can’t use it for other effects.

Hi pgr,

thx you for answering :slight_smile:

i need this process for one module

for example, i have a module called “fund” and when a regular user changes a part of this module, an alert is sent to the dedicated person so he can verify before saving the modification.

i’ve seen the change log view but that’s as you said just a report i won’t have the possibility to verify a modification before the “save”

thx you :slight_smile:

Ok, so the simple version could be something like this:

• add custom fields to that module, to specify the stage where it’s at currently. For example, a Dropdown with several stages New/Analyzed/Approved/Funded or whatever works for you.

Then you can tell people to move those forward in sequence. You can also have Workflows to detect a change in that field, and generate actions like verifications, or assign to a different user, or notify someone by email. You can also add or remove security groups, causing the access to the record to change.

If you can trust people to do this freely (you can always confront them with their actions as recorded on Change Log), that’s it. If you need to make it strict, so that it is impossible for a non-authorized user to make certain changes, then you might need some code customizations to enforce your requirements (unless the security groups scheme is sufficient, you’ll have to experiment with it).

ok thx you i’m going to try it with workflow
i’ll make a feedback

have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like