Email wont send or received

Hi, I just tried ton configure email in and out but no way to make it work. I copied the data from Thunderbird that I use every day but SCRM keeps on erroring (no such user) for out and failure for in. In addition, I check the “use ssl” box but after saving it is back to “no”.
Any clue ?

What is your SuiteCRM version?

Exactly from which screen are you trying to configure the email Account? There are several different ones.

When you try to send the Test email and it fails, you should see a message box with a link to “show full SMTP log” - what does it say?

Out :
3: Connection: opening to ssl://share15.arvixe.com:465, timeout=300, options=array()
3: Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known [/home2/zicrob/public_html/scrm/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 326]
3: Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://share15.arvixe.com:465 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) [/home2/zicrob/public_html/scrm/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/src/SMTP.php line 326]
1: SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0)
3: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

In : just this message, no log link

No such host as share15.arvixe.com
Please check yout settings and try again

It looks like your server can’t resolve the address name of the SMTP server.

So you should check your DNS configuration on the server.

So you can reach it from Thunderbird because the DNS configuration on that computer (your laptop perhaps?) works, but you can’t from the SuiteCRM server because that configuration is not resolving.

You can check this by typing this from the SuiteCRM server command-line:

ping share15.arvixe.com

and seeing if it resolves to a valid IP address.

I just tried it here and I couldn’t get an IP address, which is strange… maybe that network is a bit more “secretive” and requires some VPN connection, or some “hosts” file entry?

Thank you for your answer, I’m gonna check this with my provider.

Sorry, I forgot a “d” in the server name… I’m growing old and blind.