email integration with google apps

Goal is email integration with SuiteCRM. The goal is to have a way for all email communications with SuiteCRM contact to be added to its contact history in the CRM. So if staff had emailed with contact and one more staff had some then any of those could see all that content history inside the CRM when going to his contact record.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

In Admin / Inbound you can configure Group email accounts which are shared between employees and let you track all the communications with a Contact from one account.

Thanks, Can you please point me to the applicable documentation so I can learn more about this feature? Our goal is to be able to work within the email client of our choice (ie gmail) and not have to send and receive emails from within the SuiteCRM interface.

Google would tell you that :slight_smile:

just go to the Docs site and search for Group emails

https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/administration-panel/email/

Hi again - we’ve read the documentation; thanks for sending. So I can understand how SuiteCRM approaches the integration with gmail: is the approach that we set-up a group email account in SuiteCRM (ie sales@ourdomain.com) and we then have to cc that group email address whenever we send an email in gmail to one of our contacts? Is the intent that SuiteCRM, upon receiving the inbound email to sales@ourdomain.com, would parse the contact email address and automatically add that email exchange to the contact history?

Our ideal goal is to have automatic integration between SuiteCRM and our chosen email client rather than having to manually cc or bcc a group account. Can you confirm that this sort of integration is not a supported feature?

If the above is not a supported feature our next best step is to set things up to most effectively use the manual inbound email approach.