Menu
SuiteCRM Pull Request Party hosted by SalesAgility
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: can the related to field search be adjusted to search the whole field name and not just the start of the field name?

can the related to field search be adjusted to search the whole field name and not just the start of the field name? 1 week 3 days ago #85558

• billlee
  • Thank you received: 7

As you see in the video I explain that i want to have the autocomplete work just like this one :

jqueryui.com/autocomplete/

Where you can type any part of the name and it brings back all that match.

Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

can the related to field search be adjusted to search the whole field name and not just the start of the field name? 1 week 2 days ago #85589

• AlxGr
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
The answer might be on the SQS function:

This sample explains how to customize them:

community.sugarcrm.com/thread/20732

can the related to field search be adjusted to search the whole field name and not just the start of the field name? 4 days 22 hours ago #85794

• cherub-chum
  • Elite Member
  • SuiteCRM Dev
  • Thank you received: 45
You can actually customise the Field and then add Jquery Autocomplete on that. I had a bad experience with SuiteCRM SQS fields which were slower and lagging behind what the users typed so i modified those fields in editvewdefs.php to custom code and in my JS, i triggered autocomplete for user input.
here is how you can modify the contents of field in editviewdefs.php
3 => array(
				    	'name' => 'lead_zip',
            				'label' => 'LBL_LEAD_ZIP',
            				'customCode' => ' <input type="text" name="lead_zip" class="yui-ac-input zipcode" tabindex="0" id="lead_zip"  value="{$fields.lead_zip.value}" data-id="lead_zip"> <input type="hidden" name="lead_zip_id" id="lead_zip_id" value="{$fields.lead_zip_id.value}">',
							)

you should add your custom JS too and on document ready, call the change function on input id to autocomplete the contents.
Everything seems impossible, until its done.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds