No Group button on Quote Builder

The group button is missing from the Quote section even though I have enabled and disabled it multiple times to get it to turn on. The button simply does not display to allow me to actually create groups of product or service lines. How can I fix this?

Please tell us what the version of SuiteCRM is.

Have you tried several repairs Admin / Repairs? Including anything Javascript-related.

If that doesn’t work, please explain a bit better what you changed. Did your problem start after your changes? Or you had the problem first, and only then tried changing files?

(another way of putting this - do you see the same issue on a fresh installation, like on the live demo?)

Yes this is actually a very fresh version installed only a few weeks ago. My current Version 7.11.2

In all of my installs I’ve never seen the group button and wasn’t even aware it existed until recently when I looked into it because it never appears.

So yes same issue every time and I’ve done repairs multiple times but still do not see the button for grouping.

I went searching through the code and I was taken to

Admin / AOS Settings / Enable Line Items Groups

:wink:

Yes as I mentioned previously that has been enabled previously and does not change the fact that the button does not appear.

My apologies, I didn’t interpret what you wrote correctly, because I didn’t even know that option existed until later when I went searching for it :cheer:

I can reproduce this on my system, I think some bug has crept into this part of the code.

Can you please open an Issue on Gituhb explaining this situation? Thanks

EDIT: please mention this works well on 7.10.15, I just tried it

I have a test installation of 7.11.2 and Add Group Button in Quotes is there and works fine!

Could you check for any errors in your browser console?

This is mysterious…

• on live demo, 7.11.3 - it works

• on my test system, 7.11.3 - broken (no “addGroup” item present in HTML)

No errors in console just no button view able at all. Anyone have any fix for this ?

Ok I was able to solve this issue. The issue is actually caused by the fact that the settings NEVER SAVE and because of this the enabling of groups never gets turned on… I’m not sure why the settings page for AOS is broke but it is correctly. So here is the fix for all those who need to get this working:

On the line_items.php file change line 41 to this:

$html .= 'var enable_groups = true;';

This will turn on the group button option for you within the Quote tool!

Thanks!

I think this is a more generic issue where no user Preferences get saved…

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/6869