how to export and import all data from suitecrm to a new fresh install

how to export and import all data suitecrm to a new fresh

1. Do you have customisation in the old install?

2. Is the old install of an newer version compared to the fresh, target, install?

3. If both answers are NO then you can do the following
    . back-up database
    there are various ways to do this. One easy way is to go to phpMyAdmin and back-up the whole db

. proceed with fresh install (this can be done on any machine)

. once new install is finished create a new database and import old one from old install

. edit config.php in new install and update the values of:

• site_url
  • host_name
  • db_host_name
  • db_user_name
  • db_password
  • db_name
  • db_type
    In theory yu should just update db_name, db_user_name (only if different), db_password

. then log into SuiteCRM as admin and go to Admin->Repairs->Quick Repair and Rebuild
When finished scroll to the bottom of the screen and, if there, confirm execution of extra steps.
If there were extra steps, repeat last steps until nothing extra has to be confirmed.

Hope this helps. Better if you first do it on a test instance.

Thank you for replying.
I have tried it before without any luck. The main reason is to export all suitecrm to a new one.
When you mean backup is to export then import to new one using phpMyAdmin? If so, I have tried it and I get errors saying the account from my database already exists. I tried, also, exporting into the test and and run it from the url and cant be found

Thank for your help

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Please answer:

1. What is your OS? SuiteCRM version? Reason to do all this?

2. What have you done precisely?

3. What problems did you get?

When you answer I can try to help you further.

1. What is your OS? SuiteCRM version? Reason to do all this?
    Win 7 and 8. Versión 7.8.3 . The reason to do this is to be safe in case I get the database corrupted or my hard drive fails or my server. Also, is very slow.

2. What have you done precisely?
    I did what you explained to me what to do. I had done it before without any luck. I exported the database by using phpMyAdmin then I created a new install with the Version 7.8.3 of suitecrm. Finally, I imported the db to the new one but it gave me all those errors I mentioned before(the account already exists,…)

How do I make the backup when I have a db of about 8000 leads(I work for a school that tries to get students to get enrolled) and change a lot of the default settings)?

1. What problems did you get?

Thank you very much for taking all your time

Also, before I forget. I already created a whole crm with the newest version and I am trying to get all the leads but it gets all messy. This one works way faster than the old version.

Thank you again