How can I select multiple contacts?

Hi,
sorry if the subject has already been covered somewhere. I use the CRM to maintain my contacts and data. I’ve taken the settings from a colleague and changed the modules to fit me and my tasks. I now also have two modules called Meeting Report and Call Report. If I want to create these, I want to be able to select the contacts in the report. This only works so far sometimes I also have several contacts at some meetings, which I would like to add as well. Can I add multiple contacts? And if so, how does that work? Thank you in advance!

Laura :slight_smile:

Hi

I need to understand your concepts a bit better. When you say Report you’re not really talking about something in the SuiteCRM Module “Reports”, are you? Because you say you added “custom modules” for your reports…

So what does “add a contact to a report” mean for you? Is is linking two modules via a one-to-many relationship?

1 Like

Thanks for your message! Just to start with, I don’t know much about CRM. I am still at the very beginning. I simply changed the names of the existing modules and edited them in the studio. Unfortunately I didn’t understand the relationships completely. One module is called Call Reports, where you should write your report and select the person you called. These people can be found in the other module, which is called Contacts. Unfortunately, I can’t find a relationship between Contacts and Call Report in the studio under the module Call Report. I add a picture to show the whole thing, maybe it’s easier that way.

Avoid Custom modules when you can use default modules, this will make your life much easier and you will get a ton of functionality that is already there waiting to be used.

For you case I would just use the Contacts module, and record your calls in the default “Calls” module. Then you can see all activity in the Contact’s detail view, Activities subpanel. You can also build Reports from this information with the Reports module.

1 Like

I think I have changed all the modules so I don’t know how to undo it. It would be better to completely redo the whole thing, wouldn’t it?

At some point, yes, you should probably start fresh with only the correct configurations and customizations.

But while you’re just trying things out, you don’t have to remove the existing stuff, you can just experiment with the other solutions I suggested in parallel to what you already did. I think. Ultimately it’s your call. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, i will try it out! :slight_smile: