cannot reassign leads, opportunities or accounts. site hangs then crashes

[Exception… “Favicon at “http://crm.spectrumkingled.com/favicon.ico” failed to load: Not Found.” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 199” data: no]

I get this every time I try to reassign a lead or contact. The CRM will hang for a few minutes after I click save when assigning anything then come to a blank white page. In URL it will have my crm web location with “index.php” after the directory. I don’t know how to fix this and I can’t find any clear instructions on what the cause is other than seeing “favicon.ico” failed to load. Why would an icon crash anything? Any help would be much appreciated.

I don’t know where your system is getting that “favicon.ico” from, it must be some configuration you made, or an add-on you installed.

Normally SuiteCRM fetches its favicon from themes/SuiteP/images/sugar_icon.ico.

Note that the favicon you have in your main web site is not favicon.ico, it’s
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1925/6371/files/logo-vert_62540141-3584-460f-95c4-378006d93ed2_192x192.jpg?v=1500941275

If you have a favicon.ico file on the root of your web site, I suggested removing it (or renaming it temporarily) and see if anything changes. Note that favicon files are notoriously difficult to refresh in caches, so the effects might not be immediate, they might take a while to manifest themselves.

(I trust you know what a favicon is; otherwise, please Google it to learn)

That appears to have done nothing. I renamed the file “Xfavicon.ico” but when I am dealing with my subdomain "crm.s…/scrm/ when it finally stops it lands on http://crm.spectrumkingled.com/scrm/index.php to a blank page. This is bizarre to me and I find no logical thread to follow. As the subdomain has nothing to do with the main site and is not even hosted in the same place I can’t wrap my head around the fact that it would be looking for an icon at the root of the "cdn.shopify… " spot when that is our website which the crm has zero involvement with literally. Not on the same server or linked in any way. We are a small group using the CRM and since we cannot assign leads or reassign anything without it crashing the frustration level has risen a bit. Many years back I built a VTiger setup that ran flawlessly for almost 7 years even with updates etc. It may be something dumb or obvious but I just can’t see what is doing this. Any other angles to look into?

If you have a blank screen, you should have an error in one of your logs (you really need to check both).

With some luck this will take you directly to the source of the problem.

This is what I grabbed from the log:
Fri Apr 12 00:19:34 2019 [2425025][1][FATAL] Error updating table: accounts: Query Failed: UPDATE accounts
SET name=‘American Flower’,date_modified=‘2019-04-12 00:17:18’,modified_user_id=‘1’,created_by=‘11646bcd-4dc0-8a88-7816-5b639b8dde9b’,description=‘Meeting at MJBiz starting LPF garden in Long Beach\n’,assigned_user_id=‘c1791cb7-06e6-94d1-aa46-5b62542cbe20’,account_type=‘Commercial’,industry=‘Commercial’,annual_revenue=NULL,phone_fax=NULL,billing_address_street=‘24681 LA 1’,billing_address_city=‘Dana Point’,billing_address_state=‘CA’,billing_address_postalcode=‘92629’,billing_address_country=NULL,rating=NULL,phone_office=‘9495102819’,phone_alternate=NULL,website=‘http://’,ownership=NULL,employees=NULL,ticker_symbol=NULL,shipping_address_street=NULL,shipping_address_city=NULL,shipping_address_state=NULL,shipping_address_postalcode=NULL,shipping_address_country=NULL,parent_id=’’,sic_code=NULL,campaign_id=’’
WHERE accounts.id = ‘cd1292c7-c113-6461-0964-5c895b8b08d5’ AND deleted=0: MySQL error 2006: MySQL server has gone away
Fri Apr 12 00:19:34 2019 [2425025][1][FATAL] Exception handling in /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:397
Fri Apr 12 00:19:34 2019 [2425025][1][FATAL] Exception in Controller: Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.
Fri Apr 12 00:19:34 2019 [2425025][1][FATAL] backtrace:
#0 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/DBManager.php(345): sugar_die(‘Database failur…’)
#1 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/DBManager.php(321): DBManager->registerError(‘Error updating …’, ‘Error updating …’, true)
#2 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php(160): DBManager->checkError(‘Error updating …’, true)
#3 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/DBManager.php(568): MysqliManager->query(‘UPDATE accounts…’, true, ‘Error updating …’)
#4 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/data/SugarBean.php(2052): DBManager->update(Object(Account))
#5 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/SugarObjects/templates/company/Company.php(89): SugarBean->save(true)
#6 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/modules/Accounts/AccountFormBase.php(504): Company->save(true)
#7 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/modules/Accounts/Save.php(52): AccountFormBase->handleSave(’’, true, false)
#8 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(791): include_once(’/home/spectrumk…’)
#9 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(74): SugarView->includeClassicFile(‘modules/Account…’)
#10 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(199): ViewClassic->display()
#11 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(427): SugarView->process()
#12 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(370): SugarController->processView()
#13 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(105): SugarController->execute()
#14 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#15 {main}
Fri Apr 12 00:19:34 2019 [2428550][-none-][FATAL] Retrieving record by id users:1 found Query Failed: SELECT users.* FROM users WHERE users.id = ‘1’ AND users.deleted=0 LIMIT 0,1: MySQL error 2006: MySQL server has gone away

Looks like yourinstance is unable to connect.
MySQL error 2006: MySQL server has gone away
^^^
However your query doesn’t look anything drastically wrong.

Do you have access to your PHP error logs and perhaps that will present with a infinite loop? Do you have any customisations to the instance for e.g. plug ins or logic hooks?

I just got back and took a fresh look at it… I cannot make sense of it. We can use SuiteCRM but simply cannot reassign anything or it will crash. aka [FATAL]. I’m wading in deep waters here and flailing miserably. I cannot grasp how this error can happen nor how to rectify it. Which log from which location would be the next to go to?

Your SQL server is crashing. There are many possible causes for this, and it’s unlikely that it has anything to do with SuiteCRM.

Go through the list here, see if you can understand which of those is causing your problem:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/gone-away.html

I have been digging and checking for days on and off and learning what I can in the process. It seems like I find more errors the deeper I dig yet the only issue we truly have is we cannot assign or reassign leads, opportunities, accounts… all entries work fine, you can put notes in anything you’ve created and entered yourself, on paper permissions appear to be set properly yet fatal errors still occur if anyone tries to reassign something.
The latest log entries open new doors to check:
Notice: Undefined index: module occurred in /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/TemplateHandler/TemplateHandler.php on line 441 [2019-04-25 17:41:41] display_stack_trace caller, file: /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/utils.php line#: 3490
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/TemplateHandler/TemplateHandler.phpL:441
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/TemplateHandler/TemplateHandler.phpL:308
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/TemplateHandler/TemplateHandler.phpL:361
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/SearchForm/SearchForm2.phpL:292
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/SubPanel/SubPanelSearchForm.phpL:46
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/SubPanel/SubPanel.phpL:470
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/SubPanel/SubPanel.phpL:184
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTiles.phpL:366
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.phpL:1144
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.phpL:215
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.phpL:427
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.phpL:370
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.phpL:105
/home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/index.phpL:52

Focus on FATAL and ERROR messages, not on NOTICEs.

Is yours a big installation? Has it been running for years?

Sometimes these issues arise from lack of database maintenance - overgrown tables.

Run the query at the top of this post from phpMyAdmin to see if you have this problem:

https://pgorod.github.io/Database-tables-size/

FATAL errors every time I try to assign or reassign an opportunity, account, lead etc… just won’t work. this is what I see:
Mon Apr 29 18:29:09 2019 [1987008][1][FATAL] Exception handling in /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:397
Mon Apr 29 18:29:09 2019 [1987008][1][FATAL] Exception in Controller: Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.
Mon Apr 29 18:29:09 2019 [1987008][1][FATAL] backtrace:
#0 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/DBManager.php(345): sugar_die(‘Database failur…’)
#1 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/DBManager.php(321): DBManager->registerError(‘Error updating …’, ‘Error updating …’, true)
#2 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php(160): DBManager->checkError(‘Error updating …’, true)
#3 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/database/DBManager.php(568): MysqliManager->query(‘UPDATE accounts…’, true, ‘Error updating …’)
#4 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/data/SugarBean.php(2052): DBManager->update(Object(Account))
#5 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/SugarObjects/templates/company/Company.php(89): SugarBean->save(true)
#6 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/modules/Accounts/AccountFormBase.php(504): Company->save(true)
#7 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/modules/Accounts/Save.php(52): AccountFormBase->handleSave(’’, true, false)
#8 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(791): include_once(’/home/spectrumk…’)
#9 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(74): SugarView->includeClassicFile(‘modules/Account…’)
#10 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(199): ViewClassic->display()
#11 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(427): SugarView->process()
#12 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(370): SugarController->processView()
#13 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(105): SugarController->execute()
#14 /home/spectrumking/public_html/scrm/scrm/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#15 {main}

Did you read my previous post? I gave a few suggestions and asked some questions - these should help us move forward in diagnosing your issue…

This CRM is only used by a handful of people so the db is not big at all. It is less than a year old. I just can’t seem to get to the bottom of it from all the reading and links shared with me and my own research. I’m at the point where I either walk away from it or smash it. I simply cannot figure it out. All the places that errors are logged front to back. I’ll google lines and errors from FATAL to perceived broken code and found data to no avail as well.
I"ve checked suitecrm.log, php errors, all the logs mentioned. Done a Quick Repair, read every possibility you’ve suggested and dug all around under the hood. It’s a learning process and at present I’m simply stumped.

Sometimes the best option is to move forward by upgrading PHP, or database, or both. So you get fresh installations and the problem might go away by itself.

Keep this in mind when upgrading:

https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/compatibility-matrix/