Create Task for a Lead When Lead Hasn't Been Touched

My high-level goal is to create tasks for users if their leads haven’t been touched for a certain period of time (let’s say 14 days).

I figured I would add a custom field to the Lead - CustomModDate - that would be updated by a Workflow each time the Lead is touched, be that by a Call, Meeting, or Email. A separate Workflow would be created to check CustomModDate and create a task if it is older than 14 days (and not Closed).

I’m not having luck getting my Workflow to update CustomModDate in the Lead when a Call is logged for that Lead. I’m working on getting access to Log File, but I think my ignorance is probably the issue here.

I imagine this might be a fairly standard process for a sales organization: has anyone created anything like this that could give me some pointers? I’m particularly unclear on how I should be using the Relationship fields in building my workflow which might be some of my problem.

THANKS!

Hi,
Let me try to help you in the below steps.

1. Make a field “Last touch date” in Leads.
  2. Create a workflow for calls module, select it’s parent from relationship, select “Last touch date” field to make it equal to “Created On” field.
  3. Repeat #2 for meetings, tasks, emails etc.

Let me know if any further question.

1 Like