how to modify Opt-In confirmation page

Hi Folks,

as I’m pretty new to SuiteCRM maybe my question is really easy to solve…

We are playing around with the basic customer registration and managed to get the Opt-In feature enabled pretty straight forward. But when the user confirms to opt-in just a poor line of confirmation text is dsiplayed.

Could someone please advise where to edit this page to make it a bit more shiny?

This has been asked before, try searching the forums.

If you can’t find it, please provide the exact sentence in that message you get now, so I can more easily search for it. thanks

Thanx for the quick reply… I found the two threads before posting. But as you just referred to the response string and how to change it I asked again.

When clicking on the confirmation link in the opt-in mail the system just respons with a string.

My question is not how to change that string (I guess this can easily been achieved) but I want to display a nice and shiny thank you page…

I well understand that the system needs to serve this page as otherwise the opt- in would not be recognized. But maybe there’s a chance to forward the user to a nice page after the system saved the click…

Ok, cool, let’s try a nice page, but still I would appreciate it if you could point me to the string or the previous threads. I don’t remember it. I don’t want to come across as “too lazy to search” but I do try to optimize my replies here so I can help a larger number of people. Thanks

The string is this:

‘LBL_EMAIL_ADDRESS_OPT_IN’ => 'You have confirmed that your email address has been opted in: ',

Appears after Opt-in confirmation by email

3 years later… :smiley:

That string is actually not used anywhere… instead, there is a hard-coded equivalent in the tpl file (which is where you can change the page that appears to the user):

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/EntryPointConfirmOptIn.tpl

You might also want to add more ASSIGNs to make more variables available to the Smarty template, you can change the code that sets up the template here:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/EntryPointConfirmOptInHandler.php#L154