MySQL Password Update: Very Critical

Hi Folks,

For some reason, I had to update the MySQL password and now I am unable to access my SuiteCRM application, is there any way to achieve it?

Many thanks!

Hi,
The question is not Clear. Anyhow i try to answer.
You can add this new password to SuiteCRM config file DB CONFIG array index.
If you are using Linux, and you are on a Lamp Stack, then you can do it either by command line

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/mysql/reset-mysql-root-password

or by files

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/resetting-permissions.html

Hopefully this will help you.

Hi,

Actually, I was using ā€œsuiteā€ as my password, but I have got requirement to add a new DB name sales1, so I was giving privileges to the new DB via following command:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES sales1.* to ā€˜rootā€™@ā€˜localhostā€™ IDENTIFIED BY ā€˜suiteā€™;

But this time system denied as password was not fulfilling the policy, so I put it

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES sales1.* to ā€˜rootā€™@ā€˜localhostā€™ IDENTIFIED BY ā€˜Suite@ā€™;

It accepted this time, but my old SuiteCRM, who was accessing the old DB and old password i.e suite, it stopped working.

This was the scenario, now I am not able to access my application, nor I am able to change my password to the old one, as it doesnā€™t satisfy the password policy.

Where can I add this new password to SuiteCRM config file DB CONFIG array index? Could you please share the exact path?

Thanks!

root directory of SuiteCRM/config.php

in case of any issue and instant communication please skype me

Hi,

It worked, thanks a lot for the help.
:slight_smile:

Many thanks!

Hi,

I am stuck with some other issue, and you might help me on this:
I need to calculate the Estimated Opportunity amount based on the products under that Oppty. Suppose I have to create an Opportunity with 2 products:

Product A Value: 100 Quantity 1
Product B Value: 100 Quantity 8

So I need an extra field, which calculate the Estimated Oppty value, like in this case itā€™ll be: 900.

How can I achieve this?
(Note: Product is my Subpanel under the Opportunity)

Hi,
You want to show this field in Which Module??
In opportunity or in Product??

Itā€™ll work anywhere.
But if itā€™ll display in Oppty, then itā€™d be awesome

This is a lengthy things, i can help you over skype.

I have another call right now, after 30 mints if possible?

sure

Hi,

I sent you invitation on SKYPE, but it is still pending.
If you could help me on the above mentioned issue, thatā€™d be great.

Many thanks!

Hi,
I have received no Request

Hi,

I have sent couple of invitation to you on SKYPE and it is still showing as Pending. I am using SKYPE for Business, could this be the reason?

Many thanks!

Hi,
Can you please tell your skype name? I have received no invitation yet!!

1 Like

Rachit Sinha
(rachit.sinha@sagepub.in)

done. Please join me there

I have changed the mysql password. Iā€™ve replaced the new password in suitecrm/.env.local and suitecrm/public/legacy/config.php and suitecrm/public/legacy/config_si.php (SuiteCRM 8).

Now i can login through suitecr/public/legacy/index.php but not through the main login page. the legacy login does not show the header and keeps login out.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Try to find any other .env files, there might be more, and your system might be using a different one than you thought