Lead Notifications are not sent to user who they are assigned to

When I create a form and assign it to me (admin) I get mails when new leads are generated.

I created a new user and he is “regular user” but also “lead viewer” (a separate role I created so I can restrict his access to his own leads)

Everything works. When I login with his account I can only access the leads generated for him. But when they are generated he’s not getting mails.

I checked his role persmissions. On leads he has all enabled for “owner” also Mail I enabled all relevant settings.

I’m out of ideas :frowning:

The emails are sent due to the record assigment, and go out to the user that the record is assigned to.

What you did with the other user is just a security groups setting that let’s you condition visibility of the Lead. But it changes nothing about the fact that the record is assigned to a single user, and it’s not the “lead viewer”.

I would do this with workflows - you can make a Workflow for new leads that sends an email to someone else, apart from the assignment email.

Or alternatively, in some specific condition, have the Workflow detect a change in the record and assign it to the “lead viewer” user, and the automatic assignment notification will then go out to him.

1 Like

Spot on… thank you for the clear and accurate solution.