Import Wizard Error: Cannot open the imported file for reading

First time using the application and trying to get it set up for a small user base
In my attempts to import various categories through the Import Wizard, I’m encountering the pop up error of “Error: Cannot open the imported file for reading”.

I’ve downloaded the sample csv file from the import wizard page and have tried to minimize the amount of data to just one additional line to see if it was my data in error or something with the upload csv file I’m using and the error still returns. I have tried this with Accounts, Contacts, and Notes and all react the same and return the same error message.
I’ve searched the forums here and haven’t found an exact match but did come across a post where the user found difficulty with the top few lines so I tried that with no luck. Has anyone come across or heard of an issue as such?

This is running on an Ubuntu 16.04 server with Apache at AWS along side another application. I asked my developer to throw this on the server as a favor along side another project so as a favor in return I’m trying to sort this out on my own with no current access to the back end (plus my coding skills are still green). My suspicion is this might be an access issue via AWS being the cause but thought I would start here first before I went that direction.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.
John

SuiteCRM
Version 7.10.11
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

I think it is related to the permissions of the files and folders

Check this:

Copied from https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/159-default-permissions-for-suitecrm

1 Like

Thank you for the input. I’ll get a hold of my dev to run these commands and post back next week most likely.

John

This did fix the issue. Thank you Will.

Hi John,

How did you fix this issue,

I get a blank error pop-up when trying to import customers, I’ve tried to only import 1 line, still doesn’t work
Also tried according to the import template - same blank error

This used to work fine, but moved our docker file to the server and now I’m getting this import error

I had my developer update the permissions on the server and referenced the link Will provided previously.

My suggestion would be to post your question separately as I am not using the Docker infrastructure and what you need might be entirely different.