SuiteCRM Pull Request Party hosted by SalesAgility
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Security Group Setup Question

Security Group Setup Question 5 months 1 week ago #76201

• jcrist
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 12
I've got tons of records created when we weren't using the Security Groups and Roles functionality so none of the users were assigned to any. I now need to segment the data access. I've got two groups, call them A and B.

Group A needs access to all the records created to this point and their own records going forward but not Group B's records.

Group B needs access to EVERYTHING, records created to this point, Group A's records going forward and their own.

Going forward it all works great but as soon as I assign anyone to a role, they lose access to all the records created previously when there were no security groups and roles in use.

Does this mean I need to write a script that will read all the case, task, email, etc record ids and add a relationship to the IDs for both the groups?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Security Group Setup Question 5 months 1 week ago #76302

• pgr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1530
To my knowledge, there is no mechanism to change security groups in cascading style, in all related records of a given record. So I don't think your scenario of "wasn't using groups before, now I am using them" is contemplated anywhere in SuiteCRM (again - to my knowledge).

So yeah, a script (or a bunch of clever SQL INSERT INTO SELECT queries) would be the way to go.

My SuiteCRM In-depth blog.
Thank you for always stating your SuiteCRM version, checking your logs, reading the Docs, and searching before you ask!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds