Permissions for users, allow visibility of documents relating to an account

Just trying to figure out the permissions rules, I would like a sales person to be able to view a document, if it happens to be linked to an account.

Many accounts share the same common document (ie a pricing file), but i only want the salesperson to see the document by viewing it from the account, and not to be able to list all documents and view them (as prices between some accounts vary and this difference is private).

Any tips on how to set up permissions correctly?

I note that any emails attached to the account, even if the someone other than the account owner created the email, can be viewed by account owner, however they are unable to list and view all emails that exist across all accounts. I am looking to replicate this functionality for documents.

You need to set up Roles, Groups, and assign records (Documents) to groups.

I suggest implementing this scheme exactly as it is explained here:

https://docs.suitecrm.com/user/security-suite-groups/#_a_typical_hierarchy_setup

And try to get it working, and understand it. Then make incremental changes towards your own scheme.

It’s complicated in the beginning, but can become quite simple in everyday usage, if well set up (like emails).