New case creation does not save description entry

Hi,
I just recently upgraded from version 7.8.8 to 7.8.23 - thanks for all the bugfixes, I really enjoyed it!
But now I have an issue that I’ve just stumbled upon:

If I create a new case and enter a description, this field is later empty as soon as I click on “save”. When I enter something in this field later, it remains.
Has anybody else seen this?
I did a automatic “repair and rebuild”, but it did not change the issue.

thank you and kind regards,
Thomas.

I don’t have a 7.8.23 to try this on, but I tried it on my 7.8.19 and it works well (saves description field for new cases correctly).

Do you see any javascript errors in your browser’s developer console? What about suitecrm.log and php_errors.log on the server side?

Hello,

I solved this problem by replacing the current file with the one of the latest version.

modules / Cases / views / viewedit.php

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/modules/Cases/views/view.edit.php

I hope it works for you.

Thank you.

Hi,
thank you for pointing this out for me. I checked the file, but is 99% identical to my version of 7.8.23 - just the variable $newScript is predefined empty.
Nevertheless, I exchanged it for the new one, but it did not fix the issue.

still looking…

take care,
Thomas.

Hi,
unfortunately there is no version 7.8.19 I can go back to.

I have no errors in suitecrm.log. I don’t seem to have aphp_errors.log - and how would I check for javascript errors?

I opened my chrome debugger tools but thesese are the only warnings that jump to my eye:

Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "https://sugar.initsol.de/themes/Suite7/css/colourSelector.php".
index.php?module=Cases&action=DetailView&record=100eb073-9457-61e7-07f6-5be60856686d:570

Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: "https://sugar.initsol.de/index.php?entryPoint=getImage&imageName=blank.png".
sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4 

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
ajax @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
n.(anonymous function) @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
getJSON @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
check_favorite @ favorites.js:65
(anonymous) @ favorites.js:12

Since Javascript seems to be involved I checked another browser - IE11 works correctly with saving the description, the Issue happens as much in the current Chrome browser AND in Edge.

Now I feel even more helpless.

Any hint what to do?

kind regards,
Thomas.

Check you php.ini, there you can enable the log (if it is not enabled yet) and check it’s name and location and logging level.

Make sure you edit the correct php.ini, the one mentioned in Admin / Diagnostics / phpinfo.

(doing a php -i from the command-line is not the same thing)

Thank you, I configured the php log and this is what I get:

[13-Nov-2018 18:11:41 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: aCase::$type in /var/www/sugar/modules/AOP_Case_Events/CaseEventsHook.php on line 74
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $asUrl = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton::display($widget_data) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink.php on line 0

I cannot make anything suitable from this - can you?

regards,
Thomas.

Those errors are easy to fix, and they should be fixed.

But from browsing the source code on the official repo they all look like they were fixed long ago, and you code for 7.8.23 should have those fixes.

Do you happen to have any customizations under “custom/include/generic”?

Hi,
yes it seems I have some in there:

SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectContactsButton.php
SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectUsersButton.php

I have no Idea how they came there since I did not edit those files. May they come from design customizations from the admin panel?

I try to move those two files and see what happens…
But it might not be related to the stuff in creating a new case, does it?

kind regards,
Thomas.

If you want you can post the contents of those two files inside the Forum’s “code” tags so I can have a look at them and see what’s customized in there.

It’s possible that this breaks other things - whenever a subpanel is loaded that error might be causing trouble. Let’s try to fix this and see how it goes afterwards.

ok, after moving those two files and doning a quick repair & rebuild, the PHP error log now does pop out this on case creation. Still description is not saved:

[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: aCase::$type in /var/www/sugar/modules/AOP_Case_Events/CaseEventsHook.php on line 74
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $asUrl = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton::display($widget_data) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink.php on line 0

did this become more errors? Hm… :blink:

Thomas

sorry - was I to fast moving those two customization files away? Somehow it did not change anthing. I do not see that those are neccessary.
Is it enough to remove them?

kind regards,
Thomas.

I don’t know the consequences of removing the files because I don’t know why they are there in the first place. I don’t think they come from Studio… maybe from some hand-made code customization?

If you can put them back, and just zip your entire “custom/include/generic” and upload it, I can try to figure it out.

I also find it strange to see the errors still there after removing the files, and after a QR&R… :huh:

ok. The Folder generic contains just the subfolder “SugarWidgets”, so I tarred the file and added it here. Hope you can do something with it!

Just to let you know: The “Add File” button below does not seem to work in Chrome and Edge. Even IE11 was difficult, i finally made it…

kind regards,
Thomas.

Ok, so I compared those files and I can’t see a reason why they are there in custom. I recommend that you remove them.

Now, after a Quick Repair and Rebuild, I am sure those errors pertaining to these two files must disappear… unless something :evil: is going on

And I can’t understand your other errors with include/generic/SugarWidgets, if you have no additional files in custom/include/generic/SugarWidgets. The conflicts must be coming from somewhere else but we don’t know where…

On another vector, the error “PHP Notice: Undefined property: aCase::$type in /var/www/sugar/modules/AOP_Case_Events/CaseEventsHook.php on line 74”, despite being less serious, seems more closely related to the problem you’re getting with the Case description. I found a GitHub issue for it:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5840/

Do the files in your system look like the one on the left, or on the right of this screen?:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5840/files

And do you have anything overriding this fix in custom/modules/Cases/views/view.edit.php ?

ok, thank you - I removed those two files.

I also looked at the patch in view.edit.php - and no, I have no correspondnig custom files in there possibly overriding this, the directory is empty.
I Integrated the mentioned patch, looked related to me - but unfortunately it did not change the description bug.

The php error log now looks like this, if you mind taking another look:

[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: aCase::$type in /var/www/sugar/modules/AOP_Case_Events/CaseEventsHook.php on line 74
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $asUrl = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate.php on line 46
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php on line 46
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton::display($widget_data) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[24-Nov-2018 23:02:15 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink.php on line 0

kind regards,
Thomas.

Can you please turn on “Display stack trace of errors” in Admin / Sytem settings, and then get those errors to appear again in the logs, and paste here? I am hoping I can get some additional information, your issue is baffling me.

ok, did that.
before we come to the trace, I noticed some thousands of errors appearing now in sugarcrm.log that were not there before I did the repair and rebuild:

and this one:

Am I missing some files?

This is the latest now from php_error.log:

after I changed the “stack trace errors” button the web page generates LOTS of output when I create a case. I try to fit it in here:

Warning: Declaration of & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $asUrl = false) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate.php on line 46 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate.php[L:46](:StackTraceErrorHandler)
/var/www/sugar/include/utils/autoloader.php[L:93](:require_once)
[L:](SugarAutoLoader:autoload)
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php[L:46](:spl_autoload_call)
[L:](:spl_autoload_call)
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/LayoutManager.php[L:298](:class_exists)
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/LayoutManager.php[L:360](LayoutManager:getClassFromWidgetDef)
/var/www/sugar/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTiles.php[L:433](LayoutManager:widgetDisplay)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:812](SubPanelTiles:get_buttons)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListView.php[L:1112](ListViewSubPanel:processListNavigation)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:142](ListView:processUnionBeans)
/var/www/sugar/include/SubPanel/SubPanel.php[L:220](ListViewSubPanel:process_dynamic_listview)
/var/www/sugar/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTiles.php[L:366](SubPanel:ProcessSubPanelListView)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php[L:1133](SubPanelTiles:display)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php[L:225](SugarView:_displaySubPanels)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php[L:371](SugarView:process)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php[L:318](SugarController:processView)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php[L:105](SugarController:execute)
/var/www/sugar/index.php[L:52](SugarApplication:execute)
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php on line 46 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php[L:46](:StackTraceErrorHandler)
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/LayoutManager.php[L:360](LayoutManager:getClassFromWidgetDef)
/var/www/sugar/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTiles.php[L:433](LayoutManager:widgetDisplay)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:812](SubPanelTiles:get_buttons)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListView.php[L:1112](ListViewSubPanel:processListNavigation)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:142](ListView:processUnionBeans)
/var/www/sugar/include/SubPanel/SubPanel.php[L:220](ListViewSubPanel:process_dynamic_listview)
/var/www/sugar/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTiles.php[L:366](SubPanel:ProcessSubPanelListView)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php[L:225](SugarView:_displaySubPanels)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php[L:371](SugarView:process)
/var/www/sugar/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php[L:318](SugarController:processView)
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton.php on line 0 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
/var/www/sugar/include/utils/autoloader.php[L:93](:StackTraceErrorHandler)
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton.php on line 0 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/LayoutManager.php[L:310](:class_exists)
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php[L:46](:StackTraceErrorHandler)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:207](LayoutManager:widgetDisplay)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:155](ListViewSubPanel:process_dynamic_listview_header)
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
/var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php[L:46](:StackTraceErrorHandler)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:207](LayoutManager:widgetDisplay)
/var/www/sugar/include/ListView/ListViewSubPanel.php[L:155](ListViewSubPanel:process_dynamic_listview_header)
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink.php on line 0 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439
Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) occurred in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField.php on line 0 [2018-11-25 13:36:14] display_stack_trace caller, file: /var/www/sugar/include/utils.php line#: 3439

kind regards,
Thomas.

ok I think I fixed the SearchEngingeQueueManager Error - seems to be a remaining bug from the sugarcrm convertesion to suitecrm looooong time ago.
Also the hooks.php ist fixed now. Found some help through checking the forums.

Those two seem to have been unrelated to the other errors, though.

kind regards,
Thomas.

It’s a pity your latest log (with the stack traces) doesn’t include that error you had earlier, “PHP Notice: Undefined property: aCase::$type in /var/www/sugar/modules/AOP_Case_Events/CaseEventsHook.php on line 74”

About the other errors, your files don’t seem to match what you should have in 7.8.23. Maybe some manual patching created this divergence?

Maybe you could just replace all those "generic/sugarwidget " files with their correct content from GitHub?

You can navigate the proper Branch 7.8.23 from here:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/tree/v7.8.23/include/generic/SugarWidgets

Try just one case first, to see if it fixes anything…