Menu
SuiteCRM dedicated support by SalesAgility
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New case creation does not save description entry

New case creation does not save description entry 6 days 13 hours ago #74076

• Oddl
Hi,
I just recently upgraded from version 7.8.8 to 7.8.23 - thanks for all the bugfixes, I really enjoyed it!
But now I have an issue that I've just stumbled upon:

If I create a new case and enter a description, this field is later empty as soon as I click on "save". When I enter something in this field later, it remains.
Has anybody else seen this?
I did a automatic "repair and rebuild", but it did not change the issue.

thank you and kind regards,
Thomas.
SuiteCRM 7.8.23 since November 5th 2018.
Using Debian Stretch with Apache 2.4 and php 7.0 / 5.6.30

Thank you for this great Software, we would love to help to make it working without errors/glitches
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New case creation does not save description entry 6 days 8 hours ago #74099

• pgr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1265
I don't have a 7.8.23 to try this on, but I tried it on my 7.8.19 and it works well (saves description field for new cases correctly).

Do you see any javascript errors in your browser's developer console? What about suitecrm.log and php_errors.log on the server side?

My SuiteCRM In-depth blog.
Thank you for always stating your SuiteCRM version, checking your logs, reading the Docs, and searching before you ask!

New case creation does not save description entry 6 days 8 hours ago #74101

• jrivas
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I solved this problem by replacing the current file with the one of the latest version.

modules / Cases / views / viewedit.php

github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/ma.../views/view.edit.php

I hope it works for you.

Thank you.
Javer Rivas
www.esatic.com

New case creation does not save description entry 6 days 6 hours ago #74111

• Oddl
Hi,
thank you for pointing this out for me. I checked the file, but is 99% identical to my version of 7.8.23 - just the variable $newScript is predefined empty.
Nevertheless, I exchanged it for the new one, but it did not fix the issue.

still looking...

take care,
Thomas.

Thank you for this great Software, we would love to help to make it working without errors/glitches

New case creation does not save description entry 6 days 5 hours ago #74112

• Oddl
Hi,
unfortunately there is no version 7.8.19 I can go back to.

I have no errors in suitecrm.log. I don't seem to have aphp_errors.log - and how would I check for javascript errors?

I opened my chrome debugger tools but thesese are the only warnings that jump to my eye:
Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "https://sugar.initsol.de/themes/Suite7/css/colourSelector.php".
index.php?module=Cases&action=DetailView&record=100eb073-9457-61e7-07f6-5be60856686d:570

Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: "https://sugar.initsol.de/index.php?entryPoint=getImage&imageName=blank.png".
sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4 

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
ajax @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
n.(anonymous function) @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
getJSON @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=hkePKuLan1zlO6I5RuwgAw:4
check_favorite @ favorites.js:65
(anonymous) @ favorites.js:12

Since Javascript seems to be involved I checked another browser - IE11 works correctly with saving the description, the Issue happens as much in the current Chrome browser AND in Edge.

Now I feel even more helpless.

Any hint what to do?

kind regards,
Thomas.

Last Edit: 6 days 5 hours ago by Oddl.

New case creation does not save description entry 5 days 16 hours ago #74129

• pgr
  • Administrator
Check you php.ini, there you can enable the log (if it is not enabled yet) and check it's name and location and logging level.

Make sure you edit the correct php.ini, the one mentioned in Admin / Diagnostics / phpinfo.

(doing a php -i from the command-line is not the same thing)

Thank you for always stating your SuiteCRM version, checking your logs, reading the Docs, and searching before you ask!

New case creation does not save description entry 2 days 11 hours ago #74228

• Oddl
Thank you, I configured the php log and this is what I get:
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:41 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: aCase::$type in /var/www/sugar/modules/AOP_Case_Events/CaseEventsHook.php on line 74
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $asUrl = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton::display($widget_data) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[13-Nov-2018 18:11:42 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink.php on line 0

I cannot make anything suitable from this - can you?

regards,
Thomas.

New case creation does not save description entry 17 hours 49 minutes ago #74312

• pgr
  • Administrator
Those errors are easy to fix, and they should be fixed.

But from browsing the source code on the official repo they all look like they were fixed long ago, and you code for 7.8.23 should have those fixes.

Do you happen to have any customizations under "custom/include/generic"?

New case creation does not save description entry 15 hours 52 minutes ago #74332

• Oddl
Hi,
yes it seems I have some in there:

SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectContactsButton.php
SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectUsersButton.php

I have no Idea how they came there since I did not edit those files. May they come from design customizations from the admin panel?

I try to move those two files and see what happens...
But it might not be related to the stuff in creating a new case, does it?

kind regards,
Thomas.

New case creation does not save description entry 15 hours 40 minutes ago #74334

• pgr
  • Administrator
If you want you can post the contents of those two files inside the Forum's "code" tags so I can have a look at them and see what's customized in there.

It's possible that this breaks other things - whenever a subpanel is loaded that error might be causing trouble. Let's try to fix this and see how it goes afterwards.

New case creation does not save description entry 15 hours 37 minutes ago #74335

• Oddl
ok, after moving those two files and doning a quick repair & rebuild, the PHP error log now does pop out this on case creation. Still description is not saved:
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: aCase::$type in /var/www/sugar/modules/AOP_Case_Events/CaseEventsHook.php on line 74
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with & SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::_get_form($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $asUrl = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateTaskButton.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleMeetingButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopScheduleCallButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopComposeEmailButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelIcon.php on line 46
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelDetailViewLink.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelActivitiesStatusField.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateNoteButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopArchiveEmailButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton::display($widget_data) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSummaryButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelGetLatestButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayHeaderCell(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayHeaderCell($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelLoadSignedButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::getWidgetId() should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::getWidgetId($buttonSuffix = true) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton::display($defines) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopButton::display($defines, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopCreateAccountNameButton.php on line 0
[15-Nov-2018 13:39:03 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink::displayList(&$layout_def) should be compatible with SugarWidgetField::displayList($layout_def) in /var/www/sugar/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelEmailLink.php on line 0

did this become more errors? Hm... :blink:

Thomas

Last Edit: 15 hours 36 minutes ago by Oddl. Reason: Typo correction

New case creation does not save description entry 15 hours 31 minutes ago #74337

• Oddl
sorry - was I to fast moving those two customization files away? Somehow it did not change anthing. I do not see that those are neccessary.
Is it enough to remove them?

kind regards,
Thomas.

New case creation does not save description entry 12 hours 26 minutes ago #74351

• pgr
  • Administrator
I don't know the consequences of removing the files because I don't know why they are there in the first place. I don't think they come from Studio... maybe from some hand-made code customization?

If you can put them back, and just zip your entire "custom/include/generic" and upload it, I can try to figure it out.

I also find it strange to see the errors still there after removing the files, and after a QR&R... :huh:

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds